River's Edge at Berkley

vdogg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We still have a long way to go with this mind you. We're probably looking at at least another year of fine tuning the design before they apply for their development certificate and even at that I wouldn't expect to see construction begin until mid to late 2008 at the earliest.

We still have a long way to go with this mind you. We're probably looking at at least another year of fine tuning the design before they apply for their development certificate and even at that I wouldn't expect to see construction begin until mid to late 2008 at the earliest.

• 3 weeks later...

That booklet actually came out in mid-2006 but they only officially announced the project a few months ago (they said the tower was 31 in that announcement but all the other details are the same. I guess they just finally decided to post it online.

Is the Ghent South complex you have scanned above the same that originally looked like a large ship, then morphed into the mess everyone has been complaining about? If so, this must have been an interim design which looks better than recent renderings.

I noticed a glaring omission from the downtown initiatives packet that Okinawa posted. This project was not mentioned. They just got approved so i'm sure the project couldn't have failed already ( :unsure: ). I was wondering though, is Berkely considered part of downtown?

• 8 months later...

Archived