Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rardy

Carriage Crossing

12 posts in this topic

Parisian in Carriage Crossing will become a Macy's at the beginning of 2007, per today's CA.

Parisian's reasons for selling the store included the fact that it and Belk have no other stores in the Memphis region, so transportation and advertising costs are higher.

This means, however, that Carriage Crossing will lose a unique store that potentially drew people who wouldn't ordinarily shop there. Macy's has multiple other locations in Memphis. Macy's, however, seems to be a natural fit for Collierville and Carriage Crossing because it can better compete with Dillard's.

Carriage Crossing, though, is doing well with 95% occupancy rates, a soon-to-be-built Marriott Courtyard, and an expansion to the south.

Between it and the soon-coming Forest Hill Plaza, look for Winchester/385 to become the high-end retail mecca for this region.

Yeah, I really don't consider this to be bad news because it will give us another unique Macy's. This one and the one at Oak Court will be the high end Macy's for the region.

Too bad Federated didn't decide to make the Collierville location a Bloomingdale's. That would have fired a direct shot at Nordstrom's plans for the area, if they have any.

I personally believe that Belk would have done well at Carriage Crossing. Another Macy's (especially a smaller footprint store like the Parisian) is not really going to be much of a draw. JMO.

Where does it say Carriage Crossing? I just see it saying Oak Court...

edit: in fact, the site says a store has been confirmed for Oak Court! this sorta brings back the theory that the Oak Court area is like a Memphis Green Hills

Where does it say Carriage Crossing? I just see it saying Oak Court...

edit: in fact, the site says a store has been confirmed for Oak Court! this sorta brings back the theory that the Oak Court area is like a Memphis Green Hills

No...Memphis is highlighted in gray, then Carriage Crossing is bolded. I could be wrong, but I think the bolded location is the one they're going for.

Carriage Crossing is getting its first hotel, a Marriott Courtyard. Groundbreaking in a couple of months. This will benefit all of Collierville since the entire town has maybe 5 hotels (?).

The Nonconnah corridor also just got another hotel at Riverdale, a ValuePlace or something like that for extended stays.

Memphis Daily News

Carriage Crossing is getting its first hotel, a Marriott Courtyard. Groundbreaking in a couple of months. This will benefit all of Collierville since the entire town has maybe 5 hotels (?).

The Nonconnah corridor also just got another hotel at Riverdale, a ValuePlace or something like that for extended stays.

Memphis Daily News

Yeah this should be great news, i wonder how the Courtyard will be built, hopefully it will blend with the rest of the development.