Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vaceltic

Proposed: Mayo Island Office Building

15 posts in this topic

Where is this? I'm having trouble picturing it. 250,000 sq ft can make a decent office tower.

Wow! what a great location. The approach on 95 will look fantastic!

That's definitely a unique location. Is there a ferry or the like for access?

That's definitely a unique location. Is there a ferry or the like for access?

Yes, that's correct. The Mayo Bridge runs straight through it and has exits for it. Ill be sure to take pictures of the area when Im down there today.

While this is good news because currently the island is a collection of old crappy buildings and stuff, I had always hoped that this could be the place for a big regional symbol (along the lines of the St. Louis Arch in St. Louis, Eiffel Tower in Paris, etc etc). I have no idea what the regional symbol would be, but it would be tall and impressive, especially with the city skyline as a background.

They'll need to address some serious issues such as flooding concerns, plus, I think there is no sewer access on the island, which would definitely need to be addressed.

Anyone hear anything more on this proposed development? I was thinking about it today and wondering how a future Mayo Bridge replacement (money for studying it has already been appropriated) would affect the plan?

Anyone hear anything more on this proposed development? I was thinking about it today and wondering how a future Mayo Bridge replacement (money for studying it has already been appropriated) would affect the plan?

This is a project I'd like to move from the back burner.... Any new news of when this project may begin?...or are we just going to have to, I dare say [gasp!], be patient? ;)

Patience is good :)

Many of these projects won't start speculative. Pre-construction leasing will need to occur before dirt turns. Plus, this project will have a lot of hurdles to jump through.

Patience is good :)

Many of these projects won't start speculative. Pre-construction leasing will need to occur before dirt turns. Plus, this project will have a lot of hurdles to jump through.

Jamgochian's tall twisting tower would look nice there. I still think the Religious Freedom people should take a serious look at his design as a signature statement.