If the Democrats lose

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Democrats win and there's a much-overdue investigation into the '04 elections, the Republican party will be done.

If the republicans lose, I'll laugh so hard when they start complaining about unfair elections. The three corporations who own and operate the voring machines are all heavy contributers to the Republican party.

I don't know about voting machines but if they lose it means:

• More War, more people dying needlessly

• More do nothing government

• More divided country

• Continued sell off of the middle class to the corporations and the 3rd world.

• More illegals

• More national debt

• Everybody loses but the rich

• More of our constitutional rights taken away under the false pretense that it makes security better.

And most of all, it means the American electorate is comprised of idiots and they will be getting what they ask for. "Some more Freedom Fries pleaze".

• More divided country

• More illegals

• More national debt

• More of our constitutional rights taken away under the false pretense that it makes security better.

And most of all, it means the American electorate is comprised of idiots and they will be getting what they ask for. "Some more Freedom Fries pleaze".

• More divided country

• More illegals

• More national debt

First of all, what is a democratic loss here? The Democratic tide is stronger this year than the Republican tide in 1994. Of course less seats are competitive because redistricting has given the Republicans a large advantage.

I have a feeling many close races will somehow just tip to the Republicans by less than one percent or something, and Democrats will be the ones calling for recounts and investigations while the Republicans will be standing there with their buddies at Diebold going "The election was fair!".

There were many precincts in Ohio that may have only had 300 registered voters but several hundred more votes were cast than that, and all of the extras were for Bush.

It seems so amazingly one sided. Whether it be Republican secretaries of state trying to discourage college students from voting, to making IDs required at the voting booth, and telling people that.. but not mentioning that college student IDs and Tribal IDs were also eligible to pushing to have posters put up at precincts that tell voters to be wary of terrorist attacks in and around the voting booth....

I think this country needs independent observers from other countries to watch our elections. It has gotten to that point. I mean... look at 2000. Al Gore won the presidency. And I would venture to say he won Florida as well... but that is already 6 years ago.

But somehow I feel that Democratic victories will be smaller this year than they would be if we had a fair voting system. Republicans win if they can rally their base and suppress the overall vote (including the elderly, young people, minorities).

Let's see...If the Dems lose.

1. Our troops will be sent to Iran and then the U.S. will be in such a mess that it will take a thouand years to clean up if the U.S. lasts that long as a soverign nation.

2. The rest of the world will hate this country even more.

3. More jobs go to China

4. The total elimination of the Middle Class (Republican rich boys are looking forword to the day when they can once again use the common man as doormats to their guilded mansions.)

5. More closet activities with page boys

6. More illegals flooding this country

7. More cuts to higher education-- Dumb people are easier to control and be dictated to than smart people.

8. Barrow more money from China

9. Terrorists running amuck blowing up people and buildings all over the world

10. More of people's rights compramised in the name of security

11. Demonstators told to demonstrate in the middle of Montana where the only ones listening are thirteen lined groundsquirrels.

12. PBS and NPR taken off the air (After all we would not want our neo-con minds tainted with liberal thoughts and that ....that... evil purse carrying Tinky Winky)

13. Fox News and Trinity Broadcasting Network will be the only channels allowed to be aired on TV.

14. George W. Bush crowned first emperor of the United States. All sing praises to the great W!

There were many precincts in Ohio that may have only had 300 registered voters but several hundred more votes were cast than that, and all of the extras were for Bush.

It seems so amazingly one sided. Whether it be Republican secretaries of state trying to discourage college students from voting, to making IDs required at the voting booth, and telling people that.. but not mentioning that college student IDs and Tribal IDs were also eligible to pushing to have posters put up at precincts that tell voters to be wary of terrorist attacks in and around the voting booth....

I am guardedly hopeful about a Democratic takeover of the House, but Democrats have perfected the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so many times I can't be confident. If we lose AGAIN the polarization of this country through the demonizing of minorites and anyone else who disagrees with the Christian Taliban Wing of the GOP ensconced in The White House will get even worse, and that is truly scary.

Let's see...If the Dems lose.

1. Our troops will be sent to Iran and then the U.S. will be in such a mess that it will take a thouand years to clean up if the U.S. lasts that long as a soverign nation.

2. The rest of the world will hate this country even more.

3. More jobs go to China

4. The total elimination of the Middle Class (Republican rich boys are looking forword to the day when they can once again use the common man as doormats to their guilded mansions.)

5. More closet activities with page boys

6. More illegals flooding this country

7. More cuts to higher education-- Dumb people are easier to control and be dictated to than smart people.

8. Barrow more money from China

9. Terrorists running amuck blowing up people and buildings all over the world

10. More of people's rights compramised in the name of security

11. Demonstators told to demonstrate in the middle of Montana where the only ones listening are thirteen lined groundsquirrels.

12. PBS and NPR taken off the air (After all we would not want our neo-con minds tainted with liberal thoughts and that ....that... evil purse carrying Tinky Winky)

13. Fox News and Trinity Broadcasting Network will be the only channels allowed to be aired on TV.

14. George W. Bush crowned first emperor of the United States. All sing praises to the great W!

A lot of it is just poking fun at the Repubs and what's hapen thus far. But seriously, all three branches of the Government is under Republican control at this time. So there are no checks and balances to stop any progress. Therfore the folks of the GOP have had plenty of opportunity to be very constructively productive to say the least. But so far, all I see are loads of do-nothing, political bickering, scandals, and an Encylopedia Brittanica full of spectacular screw ups and blunders. If the Dems lose this election it will several more years of the same hog wash going on now.

Do you seriously believe all of that?

I really don't think there is a chance of the Democrats taking over, but I wouldn't be opposed to that happening. If they do take over, it will be only by a slim majority, and probably only until the next election. The country is so gerrymandered that using polls to determine the local pulse for house races is impossible.

No, it won't.

Because Bush was selected, not elected. Election machines put out by Diebold have been hacked into and are still vulnerable to hacking. Just because it didn't happen doesn't prove anything about the past 3 elections.. especially since these elections occured before the voting machines were proven to be hackable.

There was no tangible way that the Republicans could have stolen this election simply because of the size of the anti-Republican sentiment. And I don't think it was a national Republican conspiracy to steal the elections, but a selective few down at the local level driven by their states to do it. Florida's negative Gore count in 2000... ballots stuffed in the trash (I've seen this on video), and an EXE program in the Diebold system's memory chips that can be hacked by people who know how to program computers...

It would be a tragedy if people thought the system worked just hunky-dory because the Democrats won this election. There needs to be more oversight and more transparency into how our elections are run....

Do you really believe Bush was selected? I hope not because I would like to think the Republicans could have selected a better guy. I think the Democrats could have done better than either Gore of Kerry.

Ain't it a sorry state our political system has come to?

All that being said, I think Bush has faced the most difficult Presidency since FDR, with the most abrasive press since the yellow journalists.

Archived