If the Democrats lose

The lasting accomplishment that Bush will be remembered for, is how his bungling dragged Neoconservatism to the scrap heap... right along side the Whigs, the No Nothings, the Mugwups. It will become an ideological footnote in American history - and Bush will be held in the same esteem as Warren Harding and James Buchanan.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not kidding about the press. I think they hate the man, which is cool with me, but they need to report the news fairly. Seriously, grab your local newspaper and see how the headlines slant the story towards 'Bush is a Loser.'

I gave up on the unbiased press the Election Night 2000 when CBS reported Gore won and Dan Rather said, "We won!"

Do you really believe Bush was selected? I hope not because I would like to think the Republicans could have selected a better guy. I think the Democrats could have done better than either Gore of Kerry.

Ain't it a sorry state our political system has come to?

All that being said, I think Bush has faced the most difficult Presidency since FDR, with the most abrasive press since the yellow journalists.

"The press crucified Clinton about Monica"

Not true. They defended him until the blue dress came to light, then there was 24 hours of silence of editorialisms, followed by Carvelle's, 'Well, it's only sex.everyone lies about sex."

The media loved Clinton. I don't blame them. He sold a lot of ad space because he was so entertaining.

If the media were defending Clinton, they wouldn't have reported the story, like they haven't reported on much of the wrongdoing of the Bush administration. Remember when the military was criticised for using white phosphorous (essentially napalm) against civilians in Iraq? You don't if you only pay attention to the "liberal" media.

"The press crucified Clinton about Monica"

Not true. They defended him until the blue dress came to light, then there was 24 hours of silence of editorialisms, followed by Carvelle's, 'Well, it's only sex.everyone lies about sex."

The media loved Clinton. I don't blame them. He sold a lot of ad space because he was so entertaining.

If the media were defending Clinton, they wouldn't have reported the story, like they haven't reported on much of the wrongdoing of the Bush administration. Remember when the military was criticised for using white phosphorous (essentially napalm) against civilians in Iraq? You don't if you only pay attention to the "liberal" media.

I liked Colin Powell better.

"Again, there was barely a peep about this in the American media, even though there's certainly plenty of fodder there for bashing Bush's war."

Well, they could have bought it up, but if it was used, its a legal weapon.

I forgot all about them using WP for flares...dang I'm getting old...

It's another bad sign of an unjustified war that has gone horribly wrong. The proponents said that we needed to remove Saddam's chemical weapons, yet here we are using a chemical weapon. :sick:

So where are we almost 4 years into this with over 3000 American dead, somewhere between 150K and 650K Iraqi dead, and mostly likely a trillion dollars down the drain?

• We have had a monkey trial of Saddam Hussein where he has been condemned to death. Big deal most of the world thinks the trial was a sham and it's another black eye in the USA's lost reputation of being a humane fair nation.

• Most of the middle class has abandoned Iraq. Basically anyone that could afford to get out has gotten out. What is left are the extremists and the very poor.

• Al-queda has found a fertile recruiting ground amoungst the people living in bombed out ruins from US forces.

• The nation is run by islamic clerics. We also have a puppet president hiding inside the green zone fortress who wouldn't last 2 seconds without the US military covering his butt.

This war was not worth it.

Archived