Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket256

What would be considered as Huntsville's Uptown and Midtown?

4 posts in this topic

I hear places like Birmingham use that term a lot.. Does anyone know what would a uptown and midtown consist of, does the city have one?

Interesting question. I would consider Uptown to be north of a city's downtown; the area from 565 north to Oakwood would be considered Uptown IMO, as soon as it gets redeveloped, which it will if the city has its way. Midtown could be different places, like a shopping area, another skyline, or a residential area. I would think "Midtown" Huntsville would be the Medical District area.

When Huntsville becomes more urban, a Midtown and a Uptown district will probably form. Right now, the only districts Huntsville has are the former mill villages and historical places: Dallas, Lincoln, Lowe, Merrimack, Five Points, Twickenham, and Old Town.

Interesting question. I would consider Uptown to be north of a city's downtown; the area from 565 north to Oakwood would be considered Uptown IMO, as soon as it gets redeveloped, which it will if the city has its way. Midtown could be different places, like a shopping area, another skyline, or a residential area. I would think "Midtown" Huntsville would be the Medical District area.

When Huntsville becomes more urban, a Midtown and a Uptown district will probably form. Right now, the only districts Huntsville has are the former mill villages and historical places: Dallas, Lincoln, Lowe, Merrimack, Five Points, Twickenham, and Old Town.

I would agree, the city should consider promoting these names.