Show your downtown!

FromCityToRural

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

This is one of the most well known views of downtown Charlotte but I decided to take it anyway. It does show a new tower under construction that was obviously not in previous shots from this vantage point though:

488370830_a47ec55136.jpg

Huntington, West Virginia

(See More)

469223688_b6d33efc51.jpg

Looking west along 4th Avenue with the Fifth Third Center at left. The Keith Albee Theater is visible straight ahead.

469222822_2f71db00ca.jpg

The Prichard Hotel at center-right.

469233417_9b20197fc5.jpg

Empire News and Books is an independent bookstore that features hundreds upon hundreds of magazine subscriptions, books, and local flare. It has been so successful that the owners will be building a localized store in Columbus, Ohio!

What body of water is that near Uptown Charlotte??

That is a fake pond in Marshall Park. I'm not sure I'd call it much of a park as it tends to only attract geese and when the pond doesn't have water it is a haven for skateboarders. It's just a few feet deep and will likely be done away with in the future for other developments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived