Carolina Trivial Pursuit

monsoon

So PghUSA are you planning on moving to the Carolinas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You never know . . . driving between Florida and Pittsburgh twice a year, North Carolina is my favorite state . . . always try to stay the night there, it really is quite beautiful. I'd say its my favorite home away from home for now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You never know . . . driving between Florida and Pittsburgh twice a year, North Carolina is my favorite state . . . always try to stay the night there, it really is quite beautiful.  I'd say its my favorite home away from home for now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read somewhere that North Carolina was called the half-back state. Seems that many northerners move to Florida, don't like it but don't want to move back home. Therefore, they settle half way between.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good fact, North Carolina has the second longest coastline in the East Coast but due to most of the Coastal Plain waters being shallow, there is only one large city in the North Carolina's Coastal Plain which is Wilmington, and simi- large cities such as Elizabeth City, and New Bern benifited from the waters of North Carolina's coast as or at one time major ports cities in North Carolina.

• 7 months later...

Archived