Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russ-Vegas

New Russellville Shopping Center

16 posts in this topic

Developer announces future Weir Road shopping center off the new Weir Road exit on I-40 in Russellville..the development could bring national

A Target would be amazing to see, I would think they would have a hard time since there is a Wal-Mart already in Russellville.

Target won't have a hard time in Russellville because of Wal*Mart...They coexist in many cities just fine. I knew it was only a matter of time before Russellville started seeing some major development. It's location is the main reason. It's the midway point between Little Rock, Fort Smith, & Fayetteville. It's a decent size, with a lot of potential. It's already a major stopping point and pit stop along I-40. It's location and the way it's layed out kind of reminds me of Flagstaff, AZ...along I-40 and just a hop, skip, and a jump from a national park. However, Russellville has not only one national park nearby, but two...Bufflalo River, and Hot Springs. (Well 3, if you count Fort Smith NHS) I believe Russellville is on the brink of some major growth...It's quite ripe for it to happen.

Target won't have a hard time in Russellville because of Wal*Mart...They coexist in many cities just fine. I knew it was only a matter of time before Russellville started seeing some major development. It's location is the main reason. It's the midway point between Little Rock, Fort Smith, & Fayetteville. It's a decent size, with a lot of potential. It's already a major stopping point and pit stop along I-40. It's location kind of reminds me of Flagstaff, AZ...along I-40 and just a hop, skip, and a jump from a national park. However, Russellville has not only one national park nearby, but two...Bufflalo River, and Hot Springs. I believe Russellville is on the brink of some major growth...It's quite ripe for it to happen.

I didn't mean it like that, it's just that Russellville seems a bit small to me to have both a Wal-Mart and a Target. I'm not downsizing Russellville at all, it just seems weird to me.

I didn't mean it like that, it's just that Russellville seems a bit small to me to have both a Wal-Mart and a Target. I'm not downsizing Russellville at all, it just seems weird to me.

That's great! Looks like Russellville is growing at a nice rate. Is I-40 between L.R. and Fort Smith very busy?

That's great! Looks like Russellville is growing at a nice rate. Is I-40 between L.R. and Fort Smith very busy?

Good to hear the news! Russellville is overdue for something like this!

I'm like you. Not trying to say Russellville can't support one. I'm just not used to seeing Target move into a city that size. We still only have one Target in NWA.

Well, NWA is Wal*Mart's home turf. Central Arkansas has 4 Targets...another one on the way for Hot Springs, and possibly one in Cabot. Cabot is even smaller than Russellville (For now, anyway)

Yeah but still, if central Arkansas is okay territory for Targets then it seems to me NWA should be also. There's certainly enough population up here to support more than one Target.

My only negative with this is its proximity to Conway, where most of the same stores including Target and Kohl's exist only 30 min away on I-40. That would be the only negative.

Well i live here..and trust me, it sucks having to drive to Conway just to go shop at places such as Kohls, Belks, Target, ect. just because your city dont have it...i would LOVE to see these stores come to Russellville...it would save soo much time and gas lol