Photos: 2006 Palmetto Bank Marathon and Velocity Sports Half Marathon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shots, RT! Thanks for posting them here. I didn't have a camera with me while out and about yesterday, but the race did appear to be a great event. I saw many people throughout downtown this past week from other states (not uncommon), most likely here for the race, since one of them was looking at a printed out map of directions to the event. :shades:

It was a pretty cool event. I didn't make it out to see any of the races on Saturday, but I did set out to try to capture as much of Sunday's Races as I could in under three hours. :)

I dare say there was more of a crowd to watch and support this year's runners than there was last year. They were lining Poinsett Highway and scattered all along the mall at Furman. :thumbsup:

However, there was no problem finding parking downtown at all, in spite of Main Street and other streets being closed off...that is, unless you tried to park in the Bowater Garage. The time change seems to have confused the gates there and people were driving in and turning around one after another. :rolleyes:

Great shots RT! Mrs. NYT and I drove up to Paris Mt. SP to go for a walk. On the way up Poinsett Highway, we saw those that were heading toward town. It was 11:15, so they were past the 4 hour mark at that point.

If I can stay injury free, you may see me there next year. (I'm very prone to running injuries <_< )

I've decided I should do my first marathon before I get too old to finish. Worst-case I'll be in one of the shorter races.

Anyone else want to go on the record now and commit to next year's race? ;)

Archived