Could someone who knows Washington please help me.

Bradley89

iwo.jpg

Are the buildings behind the USMC War Memorial hotels and if they are could someone tell me there names, I would really appreciate it. I plan coming to Washington DC next year for vacation and I'm looking for a hotel with a good view of the monuments and memorials.

This will be my third visit to DC. Except for the traffic, I love Washington. :yahoo:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if those particular buildings are hotels, but there are lots of hotels in the adjacent neighborhoods--Pentagon City and Crystal City. I'd recommend those areas because Virginia can be cheaper than staying in downtown DC and they have several Metro stations. Although I did once get a great deal at the Comfort Inn on M Street downtown.

My parents loved the Phoenix Park Hotel in Washington, which is a few blocks away from the Capitol and right across the street from Union Station. It's a neat historic building w/a hopping Irish pub, but the rooms are cozy (i.e small). If you're looking for something less expensive, I'd recommend one of the hotels in Crystal City (a district of Arlington). There are several large hotels clustered together w/ restaurants close by. It's not technically in DC, but extremely accessible to the mall/monuments which are just accross the river and easily accessible via the Metro. Also the hotels are generally less expensive than the DC ones.

• 3 weeks later...
iwo.jpg

Are the buildings behind the USMC War Memorial hotels and if they are could someone tell me there names, I would really appreciate it. I plan coming to Washington DC next year for vacation and I'm looking for a hotel with a good view of the monuments and memorials.

This will be my third visit to DC. Except for the traffic, I love Washington. :yahoo:

Archived