Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityboi

my dog died today

41 posts in this topic

My dog had to be put to sleep today. He was 12 and a half years old. We had to put to sleep because he had Leukemia and he was starting to suffer. The vet said he only had at the most a few weeks to live. He was fine a month ago but this hit him all of a sudden. I'm really really sad today and its going to take a long time to get over his death. :(

I'm sorry to hear that cityboi. Condolences from all of us UP-ers.

cityboi, i'm sorry to hear that. i have a dog whom i love. he's a bernese mountain dog. i love the breed but unfortunately the average lifespan is only about 8 - 9 years. i've thought alot about that fact.

i hate that your dog's lukemia came upon so fast, and hope that he wasn't in too much pain. it is nice that you guys gave each other 12 beautiful years. my sympathies.

Thank you. its really rough for me right now. Duke wasnt just a pet, he was a member of the family.

I am so sorry and I feel for your loss Mr. T. We had to do the same thing last month for our 17.5 year old cat and its really hard as you are right they do become members of the family. Hang in there.

I'm sorry to hear that man. I had a Chesepeake Bay Retriever and then an English Black Lab who both died. It was very sad for me. No matter what, they're always there for you and it's tragic when they need help and you can't help them. Again, I'm very sorry.

So sorry to hear that cityboi. I have a dog and can't imagine having to put her down.

A pet may have a lifespan incomparable to most of us but they generate a lifetime of memories that we can share a remember for the rest of our lives. It is extremely hard losing a pet, especially when they have been accepted as a family member. In going through this experience myself some years back I sympathize with you and offer my true condolences for your loss.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your dog. I lost mine last year he got hit by a car. It was like losing a kid.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it feels to lose a pet that has been treated and accepted as a family member. I'm sure he had a great life, and was grateful to find such kind owners.

:cry: <-- for you

It really is tough when you lose a pet who has become like family. I'm not afraid to shed a tear over the loss of a pet, so I understand how you feel.

Very sorry to hear that citiboi....pets are like family members for sure. It's no fun to watch them suffer either.

I'm very sorry for you citiboi. Losing a beloved pet is a hard thing that I've been thru several times now. The worst was Dusty, I had him from 2 years old til I was 18 and he died the week before I left for college. It was like ripping my heart out.... just remember the good times, that's all we can do!

:cry:

Thank you all. I really do appreciate all of your comments. It is hard. I broke down when I came in the house from work because he always greeted me at the door and it hurt to see that he wasnt there. It just feels like a part of me has died. its a very empty feeling. I took pictures of him yesterday and now I cant even look at the pictures.

I am really sorry to hear this cityboi. I have 4 dogs so I can't imagine what it would be like to lose one of them.

I'm very sorry for you citiboi. Losing a beloved pet is a hard thing that I've been thru several times now. The worst was Dusty, I had him from 2 years old til I was 18 and he died the week before I left for college. It was like ripping my heart out.... just remember the good times, that's all we can do!

:cry:

I lost my 14 year old cat a year and a half ago. I still miss him. So I know how it goes.

So sorry to hear. You shared love for 12 years, and he will live forever--in your heart:)

The sadest part is knowing hes dead and all memory of us is gone. He loved us very much and we loved him. My mother now sleeps with his collar and she raddles it every now and then because it sounds like hes still with us.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog; I've been through losing a pet and it is very difficult.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog; I've been through losing a pet and it is very difficult.

here is a photo of my dog taken the day before he was put to sleep

120_1259.jpg

Cityboi, sorry to hear about your loss. I've lost a pet, so I know how it feels.

Cityboi, sorry to hear about your loss. I've lost a pet, so I know how it feels.

Sorry to hear about your loss, cityboi. Especially sad to hear that you actually had to have him put to sleep.

I myself lost a cat back in August to kidney failure. He was only five years old. It happened on the day we came back from our summer vacation, too. :(