my dog died today

cityboi

My dog had to be put to sleep today. He was 12 and a half years old. We had to put to sleep because he had Leukemia and he was starting to suffer. The vet said he only had at the most a few weeks to live. He was fine a month ago but this hit him all of a sudden. I'm really really sad today and its going to take a long time to get over his death. :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cityboi, i'm sorry to hear that. i have a dog whom i love. he's a bernese mountain dog. i love the breed but unfortunately the average lifespan is only about 8 - 9 years. i've thought alot about that fact.

i hate that your dog's lukemia came upon so fast, and hope that he wasn't in too much pain. it is nice that you guys gave each other 12 beautiful years. my sympathies.

A pet may have a lifespan incomparable to most of us but they generate a lifetime of memories that we can share a remember for the rest of our lives. It is extremely hard losing a pet, especially when they have been accepted as a family member. In going through this experience myself some years back I sympathize with you and offer my true condolences for your loss.

I'm very sorry for you citiboi. Losing a beloved pet is a hard thing that I've been thru several times now. The worst was Dusty, I had him from 2 years old til I was 18 and he died the week before I left for college. It was like ripping my heart out.... just remember the good times, that's all we can do!

:cry:

Thank you all. I really do appreciate all of your comments. It is hard. I broke down when I came in the house from work because he always greeted me at the door and it hurt to see that he wasnt there. It just feels like a part of me has died. its a very empty feeling. I took pictures of him yesterday and now I cant even look at the pictures.

I'm very sorry for you citiboi. Losing a beloved pet is a hard thing that I've been thru several times now. The worst was Dusty, I had him from 2 years old til I was 18 and he died the week before I left for college. It was like ripping my heart out.... just remember the good times, that's all we can do!

:cry:

Sorry to hear about your loss, cityboi. Especially sad to hear that you actually had to have him put to sleep.

I myself lost a cat back in August to kidney failure. He was only five years old. It happened on the day we came back from our summer vacation, too. :(

Archived