my dog died today

cityboi

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about your dog, but ackwardly mine also died the day yours died (I believe from kidney failure, he would have been five Nov. 22). Whats so sad is I watched him die and I knew there was nothing I could do about it. Mine was also a very loyal dog. It was very heart breaking for me and I'm still "mourning". I know how you feel, its kind of like an unreal moment.

--Sending you my sympathy

• 4 weeks later...

Sprry to hear about your loss citiboy... I lost my dog of 18 years a couple years ago, and it still hurts when I think about her. (how can you not grow to love and have affectionate feelings of something you've lived with through childhood?)

We got a new dog in about the same amount of time as you did (2-3 months), and we had another dog already, but I still remember my old dog. Congrats on the new dog, and I hope he can help heal the hole in your heart thats left behind from the loss of a pet.

I'm so sorry you lost your doggie, cityboi, and I'm also really happy for you to have a new puppy to love you guys. I know exactly how you are feeling, although everyone's relationship with their dog is perhaps the most private and unique of all relationships.

My wife and I lost our puppydog of 12 1/2 years the same week you did. She and I still just tear up at random times from missing her, a month or so later. We hope to get a puppy in the spring to spend the next decade with. We knew she was dying, as she got cancer in her throat, causing it to slowly close up. They gave her a month to live, and she took five. The weekend before she died, she acted completely like a puppy again, running around, jumping into the lake where we were, and having the best old time. Dogs have it right, I'm convinced.

I'm also convinced if she could type, she'd have been a UP poster. She always went with me to drive around and check out the projects, she walked with me so many miles taking photos, she was at my feet when I posted at night, and she loved living in our little condo downtown, despite a puppyhood in the countryside. It'll never be the same without her :/ .

Here she is a few months before she died with my nephew.

318308697_f467c60dcc_o.jpg

Very sad, the stories of loss and pets.

I remember when the family dog of 12 years, a sheltie, was put to sleep about two years ago. She was very aloof and not too friendly to some strangers, but to the family she was probably the best companion one could have. She had to be put to sleep because she had some sort of tumor on her back and would've experienced great pain in walking.

She had this thing where she would never leave the yard if you let her outside, and she would dance around the edges of the property. But what she liked best was to stay inside and get fat, and was she fat. :)

Jake is a good looking dog, congrats.

Archived