Tennessee Crime Stats

Rardy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While this is definitely something these cities need to work on, one must remember that in most major cities, violent crime happens in a select few parts of the city. Stats like this can be misleading. It's not, of course, as if anywhere you are in the city you are always at risk of being stabbed in the face. lol

To me crime can happen anywhere, its not like you are totally safe living in the "Good" part of town. I know somebody who knows somebody who's son ,not exactly stabbed in the face, got wacked 19 times in the face and had to get plastic surgery just so people could recognize him. Just for less then $30 in cash and this didn't happen in Memphis it happened in Suburban Nashville just leaving a restuarant. Now I know that probably wont happen to everyone I just dont think it is secluded to a few parts of the city.

To me crime can happen anywhere, its not like you are totally safe living in the "Good" part of town. I know somebody who knows somebody who's son ,not exactly stabbed in the face, got wacked 19 times in the face and had to get plastic surgery just so people could recognize him. Just for less then $30 in cash and this didn't happen in Memphis it happened in Suburban Nashville just leaving a restuarant. Now I know that probably wont happen to everyone I just dont think it is secluded to a few parts of the city.

Jackson ranks as the 9th most dangerous metro in the nation according to a new report that was covered by the Jackson Sun online today. Thats up from 64th in 2004 and 18th in 2005, a very definate and sharp uptrend in some very bad numbers.

Here is the link:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...NEWS01/61031008

Its interesting that as the city grows in size and prospers more and more economically, that its crime rate is going up so dramatically.

Jackson ranks as the 9th most dangerous metro in the nation according to a new report that was covered by the Jackson Sun online today. Thats up from 64th in 2004 and 18th in 2005, a very definate and sharp uptrend in some very bad numbers.

Here is the link:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...NEWS01/61031008

Guys these statistics are flawed. TN reports using a system that can count one incident as several crimes (assault, robbery) while many other states would report that as a single incident. Hard to gauge the report unless everyone is reporting apple to apple.

Guys these statistics are flawed. TN reports using a system that can count one incident as several crimes (assault, robbery) while many other states would report that as a single incident. Hard to gauge the report unless everyone is reporting apple to apple.

Archived