Office Demand?

northernbizzkit1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to this week's Memphis Business Journal, there is demand for 200,000 sq. feet of new Class A office space downtown...the article cites that the Tower at Peabody Place has 154,000 sq. feet, so could we expect an announcement of a new 20-story office building in the near future?

According to this week's Memphis Business Journal, there is demand for 200,000 sq. feet of new Class A office space downtown...the article cites that the Tower at Peabody Place has 154,000 sq. feet, so could we expect an announcement of a new 20-story office building in the near future?

The demand is there, but for now it's still a bits and pieces game vs. large blocks of demand. ServiceMaster is a missed opportunity downtown as they are looking at 600K sq. ft. and perhaps as high as 900K...at minimum that would be a 30-35 story building. However, these trends tend to build and luring large companies to the area only enhances growth. I'm optimistic something big will break downtown's way before too long.

One idea for 100 N. Main: how about a hotel? The floor plans are not large as the building is long and relatively skinny. Of 38 stories, you figure maybe 33-35 could be devoted to rooms with the rest as lobby/meeting space/mixed use with a restaurant on top (how retro...). That would be about 650-800 rooms depending on room layouts...a nice addition to the local market and a needed boost for downtown convention business (it's not far from Cook and on the trolley). I could see it as a Hyatt, Hilton, Sheraton, or Crowne Plaza.

Fellow, SunTrust has been hinting for several months now that they are thinking about moving east. I'm not sure how much square footage they occupy downtown, but it's significant -- they have the naming rights to One Commerce.

Hopefully you guys are right. I'd love to see new office development downtown. I definitely think downtown is becoming more and more attractive each day and people are starting to realize that. I'd much rather work downtown than out east and as a prospective employee I'd keep that in mind when it came time to choose an employer...

i dont understand how we can have all this demand.. yet suntrust is (according to you) about to leave... 100 north main is at half occupancy... sterick is abandoned.

whats going on... this could be extremly detrimental if 100 north main... suntrust and sterick are all sitting empty... do you realize how awful that will reflect upon our downtown.

i dont understand how we can have all this demand.. yet suntrust is (according to you) about to leave... 100 north main is at half occupancy... sterick is abandoned.

whats going on... this could be extremly detrimental if 100 north main... suntrust and sterick are all sitting empty... do you realize how awful that will reflect upon our downtown.

Fellow, SunTrust has been hinting for several months now that they are thinking about moving east. I'm not sure how much square footage they occupy downtown, but it's significant -- they have the naming rights to One Commerce.

Hopefully you guys are right. I'd love to see new office development downtown. I definitely think downtown is becoming more and more attractive each day and people are starting to realize that. I'd much rather work downtown than out east and as a prospective employee I'd keep that in mind when it came time to choose an employer...

Commercial/Office real estate glut?

I see as many new commercial/office real estate construction sites around town as the "for lease" signs in front of existing buildings. A quick drive on germantown pwky or poplar would tell you what am I talking about. Whats the overall occupancy rate in the town (commerical and office)?

Commercial/Office real estate glut?

I see as many new commercial/office real estate construction sites around town as the "for lease" signs in front of existing buildings. A quick drive on germantown pwky or poplar would tell you what am I talking about. Whats the overall occupancy rate in the town (commerical and office)?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived