New Mexico desert

Guest donaltopablo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I don't meet very many people from NM at all.

Yeah, it's not often that you do, kinda weird. She works in same hall as me part time (well, full time until college kicks back in). She moved here almost two years ago to become an English teacher......poor girl doesn't even know how to get to downtown Charlotte hardly and as for Southpark, she had no idea it even existed. Eh, guess I can't blame her since she's new to the area. She's from Albuquerque.

Just wondering because I've never been, but does El Paso have a skyline at all? LOL!

Guest donaltopablo

I got a bunch of family in Albquerque, including a cousin whose a cop with APD. I grew up very southern New Mexico, 30 minutes or so from El Paso.

Yeah, El Paso has a bit of a Skyline. Not that impressive compared with a lot of cities, but it does have one. I'll see if I can dig one up.

Guest donaltopablo

Thanks for the pic!! I was talking with the girl at my work from New Mexico and she was telling me it's kinda upscale and has some celebrity ties.

LOL! Not where I am came from. There is money is New Mexico though and celebrity's. Probably a much higher number than there should be since it's got a small population.

Great pics of New Mexico, donaltopablo. I went there a couple of times in the early 90's when my sister lived in ABQ. It is a different world out there, very beautiful and spiritual. And I worked with a girl who grew up on the Navajo res near Farmington. She's got some amazing stories!

Now the real question that anyone from New Mexico is familiar with: red or green? :D

acoma.jpg

When I was younger I went with my parents on a vacation one year to Arizona and we stopped in either Arizona or New Mexico (I think it was NM) and we rode in a bus up the side of a mountain (STEEP mountain) to an old indian village at the top. Is this the one or is it another one I'm thinking of? It's been a looooong time ago, but it was cool!! I remember people still lived up there and stuff. It was neat!

Guest donaltopablo

Neo - Honestly, not sure. There are actually a lot of villages like this in New Mexico and Arizona. They range from being built on the top of a plateau like the one above to literally being built into the mountain.

Archived