Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wendell FOX

263m skyscraper proposed

The details are only sketchy, but thanks to Billy Corgan @ urbantoronto a 263m, 41 story tower has been proposed in the Toronto South Community Council Agenda Meeting #3:

50gerrard.jpg

50gerrard2.jpg

263 Meters is VERY tall for a 41 story skyscraper. 263 meters is 862.86 feet (for those of us who don't really understand the metric system all that well).

Typically the distance between floors ranges from about 8 feet in residential projects, to 15 feet in office buildings. This building will have 21 feet between floors. I think there must be an error somewhere.

yea, that would need to be an extra 20 floors to be 263m, unless there is some oddity to it, like a massive spire.

Where did this come from!? God, between TTT, DTP, and this, Toronto is just booming!

I was thinking about it myself - a 263m building @ 41 stories is going to have a huge floor to height ratio. Though remember this is only a sketchy proposal unlike Downtown Plaza/TTT which are backed up by famous developers. :D

MARK - you remember even tiny Pizza Huts? You must have a photographic memory!

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a spire that is making the height taller, so that could account for the high floor-height ratio. Although sketchy developments can be good....maybe they can add some more floors to the building. :)