(Your City's) Signature Street(s)

Hybrid0NE

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dalton, GA:

1) Walnut Ave.-over commercialized, but the heaviest traveled with a nice interwar residential area, accessed from I-75 exit 333, gives most travelers their only glimpse of Dalton

2) Thornton Ave.- old US 41, historic homes, tree lined, broad avenue, passes the oldest house in Dalton-The Blout House c.1842, becomes Dixies Hwy south-Peacock Alley for the chenilles.

3) Hamilton St.- the "main" street through downtown Dalton, south past old Crown Mill, into industrial parks to the south, showcasing the "Carpet Capitol's" largest manufacturing facilities and the railroad past.

4) Waugh St/MLK Jr Blvd- connects west to east, through residential, by schools, across downtown, cross-section of all of Dalton.

5) The Bypass, connects to I-75 at exits 328 and 336, shows the future for development and access to all the aforemention streets at some point. The only other glimpses that travelers get of the town.

I am not sure if they will rename the super bridge that will connect Pennsylvania Avenue and Edgemont Avenue or not. I heard someone say that they heard it would be called " North Saint Helens".

I have also heard that the "Randall Expressway (Virginia side) and Edgemont Avenue (Tennessee side) of Bristol is undergoing a renaming. It is supposed to be renamed " Martin Luther King Drive ". Has anyone else heard this?

Just a few off the top of my head...

Fort Lauderdale- Las Olas Boulevard and A1A

Jackson- Capitol Street

Norfolk- Granby Street

Portsmouth- High Street

New Orleans- Canal Street, St. Charles Avenue and Royal Street

Washington, D.C. - Pennsylvania Avenue

Miami Beach- Collins Avenue

Richmond- Monument Avenue

Charleston- The Battery

Will think of a few more after I go to work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, its official. Its been approved to change the name of Edgemont Avenue in Bristol, TN and adjoining Randall Expressway in Bristol, VA (near downtown) will be renamed Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd (or drive). I think the changes will be made on the road signs in late spring.

Also, the city of Bristol, TN is undergoing street sign changes. ALL of the steet signs are being replaced with brand new larger signs with bigger letters. A very welcomed and needed change. The changes have already started and I think should be complete by the end of the year. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I'd disagree on Orlando. That is not within city limits, so technically, doesn't count, plus its mainly touristy anyways. Orlando's is either Orange Avenue, Colonial Drive, or the 408.

Miami, is either Biscayne BLVD, or Brickell AVE.

• 1 year later...

Archived