WMP 11 Final

M. Brown

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use a Mac. Besides Quicktime is better than WMP.

That isn't exactly a comparison between apples and apples so saying QT is better than WMP is simply personal opinion of you particular use of the two media players. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

For those running a Mac that need to play WMA/WMV files you can download the free Flip4Mac plugin for Quicktime on Microsoft's site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...components.mspx

Without using WMP11 you really can't say that it is better or worse than any other software and by doing so you are simply basing it off the fact that it is software by Microsoft or that it simply only runs on Windows machines. Neither of which is a good case against it.

True. But I always kept an updated Mac version of WMP on my system until MS pulled further support of it from the Mac platform. I alway encountered streaming problems with it. (I have broadband) Flip for Mac worked fairly will up until the current version of Quicktime but then became a serious liability i.e refuses to play files it was intended for. I tried upgrading Flip for Mac to its latest version but no luck. As for Quicktime itself, atleast with me has been rock solid. It streams very well, and playback of video files on disk yeilds good picture quality and the audio quality is second to none.

That isn't exactly a comparison between apples and apples so saying QT is better than WMP is simply personal opinion of you particular use of the two media players. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

For those running a Mac that need to play WMA/WMV files you can download the free Flip4Mac plugin for Quicktime on Microsoft's site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...components.mspx

Without using WMP11 you really can't say that it is better or worse than any other software and by doing so you are simply basing it off the fact that it is software by Microsoft or that it simply only runs on Windows machines. Neither of which is a good case against it.

Archived