Murfreesboro Construction

dfwtiger

Does anyone know about these projects? I found it on Bid Clerk

(1) Description: Project Documents (0):

Site work and new construction for a mixed-use center in Murfreesboro. Plans call for the construction of a luxury hotel, along with a 75,000-square-foot conference center that will house a lobby area, meeting rooms and a multi-purpose room.

A firm construction schedule will be established pending approvals. Interested parties may contact the architect

(2) Addition to a museum in Murfreesboro. Design plans call for the construction of a 7,000-square-foot expansion on the second floor of an existing, 18,000-square-foot museum to contain additional exhibition space.

Construction is expected to begin in the fall of 2006. No inquiries are requested at this time.

Edited by dfwtiger

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first project is the four star Embassy Suites hotel and conference center. However, the conference center will be 80,000 sq. ft. of space. The second project is the expansion of the Discovery Center at Murfree Springs. More information about the museum may be found here:

http://www.rutherfordchamber.org/visitor.c...&sub_cat=14

• 2 months later...

Clark's Cheesesteak Factory will open a new location next to Mellow Mushroom as well as a new stand alone Starbucks. The paper has made an error though, this will be the fourth Starbucks location. The third will open in January where the old Dairy Queen used to be on Old Fort Parkway.

http://murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=1514

Edited by Justiceham

I would expect a Starbucks at the Avenue as well, but it might be too close to the mall location.

I dont think Starbucks knows what too close means. I would expect the mall location and former dairy queen to coexist....and some of the other Avenues have Starbucks standing alone right beside the ones in the bookstores.

...and some of the other Avenues have Starbucks standing alone right beside the ones in the bookstores.

That makes sense because the Starbucks coffee stands in bookstores are rarely (if ever) owned and run by Starbucks. Those bookstores just hire their own employees to prepare drinks made with Starbucks coffee. What does truly surprise me though is that they're putting in a Starbucks in the old DQ location. It seems strange to me that they would do that when there are other parts of town that would seem like a better fit for a new Starbucks. They need one near MTSU badly in my opinion, and I think they'd do well to put one there.

So they're not closing the one by Kinko's? I assumed they were moving from that location to the Dairy Queen.

They won't be closing the location at Stones River Mall. It's the busiest one but in dire need of a makeover. It's now under new management so you should expect to see a much needed update. The reason they are turning the Dairy Queen into one is because it provides more space and a drive through. It will also have a fireplace, group tables, and computer hookups. All Starbuck's provide a wireless network to T-Mobile as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here are a few updated pics of some of the construction going on around Murfreesboro and Smyrna.

View approaching Avenues construction

100_0079.jpg

Crane for two story anchor

100_0076.jpg

Cranes for 10 story Embassy Suites Hotel

100_0083.jpg

Sign for the Avenues

100_0082.jpg

Construction wrapping up on two three story Medical Offices

100_0080.jpg

Crane over new anchor at Stones River Mall

100_0088.jpg

Construction wrapping up for new Comfort Inn and Suites Hotel

100_0086.jpg

Crane over new codominiums on Fortress Boulevard

100_0085.jpg

Crane for new retail development around Smyrna Walmart

100_0091.jpg

Smyrna Commons Site

100_0072.jpg

Weston Park is a new retail and residential development close to the Three Rivers project. The website below shows renderings of what it will look like when completed. When these two projects are completed residents will have two direct accesses to I-24 and SR-840 because of the new southwest loop and New Salem interchange with I-24.

http://www.westonparkliving.com/village.php

• 10 months later...