Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janrey

To all you photographers

75 posts in this topic

The Greenville News Business section has a small article on the front page about the Visitors Bureau and Michelin seeking amateur photographers to submit their photographs for inclusion in a new book called Greenville & Upcountry Guide 2007 for the CVB. I can offhand think of several in here who have wonderful photographs that deserve entry http://www.greenvillecvb.com/photos.asp

Thanks for posting this janrey! NYT posted it over in the PotD thread as well. I've also gotten a dozen or so e-mails from people about this. Considering the number of e-mails I've received from people about this, I suppose I should enter five photos. I need to steer away from any that include people. Any suggestions from anyone regarding which ones you feel may be my best? I really don't know. :unsure:

Thanks for posting this janrey! NYT posted it over in the PotD thread as well. I've also gotten a dozen or so e-mails from people about this. Considering the number of e-mails I've received from people about this, I suppose I should enter five photos. I need to steer away from any that include people. Any suggestions from anyone regarding which ones you feel may be my best? I really don't know. :unsure:

RT, you've got a ton of great ones. I would think that out of your :blink:1549 :blink: photos on flickr, you could pick five. I'm not looking through all those. :wacko:

Actually, if you rank them by views, you could probably pick some off the top pretty quickly.

Hahaha. Good thinking, but my top views in flickr are skewed though. I guess I'll need to get a release signed by Reedy Rip'it for the top 3 then. :lol: Maybe the one of the Wyche Pavilion?

I'd definitely recommend these from you, NYT:

[*]this one of the Liberty Bridge

That one is my favorite (I borrowed it a long time ago for my desktop) though the rest are great too.

I should add this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/restedtraveler/275911298/ as I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting the waiver ;-)

Since we have photographers checking in this thread, I have a quick question. I've noticed numerous people here are great photographers. I'm just curious if ya'll have any advice for good books or websites for good information on becoming a better photographer. I don't currently have an SLR like most of you use, but I still think I have a pretty decent camera. It's a Canon S2 IS. Any input would be appreciated. :D

I'm afraid I've been out of town a lot, so I didn't really have the opportunity to focus on it, myself. The deadline slipped past before I realized it. :rolleyes:

While we're on the subject, we've been discussing this on-and-off for a while now: who's interested in getting together as a group and taking a photo walk throughout Downtown Greenville (or wherever) some weekend early next year? I'm thinking late January or early February would be good, perhaps, other than the weather. I'm sure we could find some interesting photographic subjects and I'm sure I could learn a lot from many of y'all - we could all probably learn a lot from each other, too.

My new years resolution is to become less introverted. :lol:

Anyone interested in starting these up as a monthly or bi-monthly activity?

I'd be very interested. I have alot to learn from you guys....some experts on here! Count me in.

While we're on the subject, we've been discussing this on-and-off for a while now: who's interested in getting together as a group and taking a photo walk throughout Downtown Greenville (or wherever) some weekend early next year? I'm thinking late January or early February would be good, perhaps, other than the weather. I'm sure we could find some interesting photographic subjects and I'm sure I could learn a lot from many of y'all - we could all probably learn a lot from each other, too.

My new years resolution is to become less introverted. :lol:

Anyone interested in starting these up as a monthly or bi-monthly activity?

Awesome, guys! I'll hopefully have a new lens and (hopefully) a new tripod to try out by then, too. It should be a cool morning (or afternoon).

I was at a party this weekend, and one of the guys had the F4 70-200 IS L lens. Nice.

I was at a party this weekend, and one of the guys had the F4 70-200 IS L lens. Nice.

Has a tentative date been set for the photo walk? I'm up for it, as long as it's not MLK weekend. Got plans for the long weekend.

Has a tentative date been set for the photo walk? I'm up for it, as long as it's not MLK weekend. Got plans for the long weekend.

I would like to be included in this. I don't have a digital SLR yet ( just an older Olympus Camedia) but it takes great photos. I'd love to meet with some of you. Another thing we could do is meet somewhere to begin with and then take different areas and maybe meet back for lunch or dinner to share what we have done and to have a time to get to know each other. I do plan on getting a digital SLR sometime this year. You can find my personal photos (except for the ones I recently colorized) at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkerjpatrick/

I'll put the 27th on my calendar for now but will monitor the boards for changes.

I would like to be included in this. I don't have a digital SLR yet ( just an older Olympus Camedia) but it takes great photos. I'd love to meet with some of you. Another thing we could do is meet somewhere to begin with and then take different areas and maybe meet back for lunch or dinner to share what we have done and to have a time to get to know each other. I do plan on getting a digital SLR sometime this year. You can find my personal photos (except for the ones I recently colorized) at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkerjpatrick/

I'll put the 27th on my calendar for now but will monitor the boards for changes.

I had an Olympus Camedia C-740 UZ before the Canon DSLR. Most of my earlier posts to the POTD Thread were done with that camera. It was an awesome little thing until I shorted it out.

The downtown photo walk is a really great idea. I'll put the 27th on my calendar as well. I am new to my DSLR photography, but hopefully I'll be able to tag along and learn something from you guys.

The 27th works for me. I'll be watching for time/place.