To all you photographers

janrey

The Greenville News Business section has a small article on the front page about the Visitors Bureau and Michelin seeking amateur photographers to submit their photographs for inclusion in a new book called Greenville & Upcountry Guide 2007 for the CVB. I can offhand think of several in here who have wonderful photographs that deserve entry http://www.greenvillecvb.com/photos.asp

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting this janrey! NYT posted it over in the PotD thread as well. I've also gotten a dozen or so e-mails from people about this. Considering the number of e-mails I've received from people about this, I suppose I should enter five photos. I need to steer away from any that include people. Any suggestions from anyone regarding which ones you feel may be my best? I really don't know. :unsure:

Thanks for posting this janrey! NYT posted it over in the PotD thread as well. I've also gotten a dozen or so e-mails from people about this. Considering the number of e-mails I've received from people about this, I suppose I should enter five photos. I need to steer away from any that include people. Any suggestions from anyone regarding which ones you feel may be my best? I really don't know. :unsure:

Hahaha. Good thinking, but my top views in flickr are skewed though. I guess I'll need to get a release signed by Reedy Rip'it for the top 3 then. :lol: Maybe the one of the Wyche Pavilion?

I'd definitely recommend these from you, NYT:

[*]this one of the Liberty Bridge

That one is my favorite (I borrowed it a long time ago for my desktop) though the rest are great too.

I should add this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/restedtraveler/275911298/ as I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting the waiver ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Since we have photographers checking in this thread, I have a quick question. I've noticed numerous people here are great photographers. I'm just curious if ya'll have any advice for good books or websites for good information on becoming a better photographer. I don't currently have an SLR like most of you use, but I still think I have a pretty decent camera. It's a Canon S2 IS. Any input would be appreciated. :D

• 1 month later...

While we're on the subject, we've been discussing this on-and-off for a while now: who's interested in getting together as a group and taking a photo walk throughout Downtown Greenville (or wherever) some weekend early next year? I'm thinking late January or early February would be good, perhaps, other than the weather. I'm sure we could find some interesting photographic subjects and I'm sure I could learn a lot from many of y'all - we could all probably learn a lot from each other, too.

My new years resolution is to become less introverted. :lol:

Anyone interested in starting these up as a monthly or bi-monthly activity?

While we're on the subject, we've been discussing this on-and-off for a while now: who's interested in getting together as a group and taking a photo walk throughout Downtown Greenville (or wherever) some weekend early next year? I'm thinking late January or early February would be good, perhaps, other than the weather. I'm sure we could find some interesting photographic subjects and I'm sure I could learn a lot from many of y'all - we could all probably learn a lot from each other, too.

My new years resolution is to become less introverted. :lol:

Anyone interested in starting these up as a monthly or bi-monthly activity?

I would like to be included in this. I don't have a digital SLR yet ( just an older Olympus Camedia) but it takes great photos. I'd love to meet with some of you. Another thing we could do is meet somewhere to begin with and then take different areas and maybe meet back for lunch or dinner to share what we have done and to have a time to get to know each other. I do plan on getting a digital SLR sometime this year. You can find my personal photos (except for the ones I recently colorized) at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkerjpatrick/

I'll put the 27th on my calendar for now but will monitor the boards for changes.

I would like to be included in this. I don't have a digital SLR yet ( just an older Olympus Camedia) but it takes great photos. I'd love to meet with some of you. Another thing we could do is meet somewhere to begin with and then take different areas and maybe meet back for lunch or dinner to share what we have done and to have a time to get to know each other. I do plan on getting a digital SLR sometime this year. You can find my personal photos (except for the ones I recently colorized) at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkerjpatrick/

I'll put the 27th on my calendar for now but will monitor the boards for changes.

Archived