Campbell Law School in Downtown Raleigh

ncwebguy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
I have a friend who started there last fall and I've met many of his classmates. They ALL want to live downtown and have asked me numerous times for ideas about where to live next summer. It is a little tough to answer that question and I tell them that The Tucker seems to be the best bet for them, else look for the private houses in and around downtown.

What developer is going to step up and provide something for them, because there will be a higher demand for rentals once Campbell law moves in and gets situated.

Maybe Campbell will partner with a private developer for some professional student housing?

I'd hope there were enough options to keep at least a portion of the students downtown. Otherwise, they'll have to go into the various other college-oriented rentals around the university. Of which there are plenty, of course...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Campbell Law has stopped allowing parking in/on their deck on Hillsborough Street on Sunday mornings. They said they are having classes on Sundays, effective last weekend. Which is odd since there were supposed to be rennovations for a year or so. And I doubt they would move classes in the middle of a semester. And I don't know of any law school that has classes on Sundays, let alone Sunday mornings.

And the Morgan street side/eleveation was empty.

The city deck south of Morgan is still available, though they rarely raise the inbound gate... To the north, Green Square's deck will be open to the public on weekends, but that is a year or so from opening.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The renovation is looking really good. All the lights were on tonight and you could see the creation of some large rooms inside and the exterior awnings on both sides look good too. Maybe students plus some Hue residents will help fill the retail space below Hue...

• 2 months later...

Archived