Salt Lake City Projects Thread

Sean Reynolds

I'm gonna clump all the projects into one thread, to make it easier to see what is goin on in downtown SLC.

Zions Bank Building

18 Floors - 300ish feet

Start Date _____ 2004 - finished by end of 2004-05

ZBT_Main_Street_7.jpg

Mixed Use Tower #1

Floors and height unknown. Looks to be at least 20

Start Date ____2004-05 - finished by end of 2004/start of 2005

5376.jpg

What We Know:

From the renderings it LOOKS as if the tower will be about as tall as the Zions Bank Building/University Club Building; which will probably put it at 25 floors and about 300 + feet tall.

Mixed Use Tower #2

Floors and height unknown - at least 15 floors, maybe 20

Start Date _____2004-05 - finished by end of 2004/start of 2005

5406.jpg

What We Know:

From the renderings the tower is smaller than the Gateway West Tower (335 f) but larger than the Marriott Hotel. It looks like it'll fall in the range of 250 feet, maybe a bit smaller or taller. That could put it at around 15-20 stories, maybe a bit more.

Hamilton Partners Tower

Height unknown 22+ floors

Start Date unknown (aiming for 2004).

original.jpg

original.jpg

What We Know:

This tower WILL get built, it's just a matter of when, not if. The building is proposed on Main Street, right across from the Wells Fargo Center and One Utah Center. The building's height is being debated - the range is from 325 f to around 450 f. The 325 f range would be if the tower did not add the 8 condo stories to the top, the 450 range would be if they did add the condos at the top. Last known word was that the city was pushing for the condos. IF the tower is built as it was proposed (29 stories) it would be Salt Lake City's tallest building. Beating out both the Wells Fargo Center and LDS Church Office Building.

ZCMI Center and Crossroads Malls

Start Date Unknown

5371.jpg

5373.jpg

5377.jpg

5378.jpg

5408.jpg

5407.jpg

City Centre Condos

Start Date Unknown

blo03.jpg

blo04.jpg

blo02.jpg

blo01.jpg

Library Square Condominiums

Under Construction NOW

logo4.gif

Rio Grande Hilton

7 stories, located in Rio Grande neighborhood

1552305.jpg

Fuller Building revamp for Bid D HQ

biz_BigD.jpg

Parc at the Gateway

Under Construction

hp_gateway.jpg

Salt Lake City International Airport

No target date set

airport-map-revised-bw.jpg

salt_lake1.jpg

salt_lake2.jpg

salt_lake3.jpg

slc_outside.jpg

SLC TRAX/Amtrak/Greyhound Intermodal Hub - 2006

hub1.jpg

U.S. Federal Courthouse

Start Date Unknown

Building with 180' glass tower

court2.jpg

Pioneer Park redesign

ppark.jpg

Emigration Court Apartments, Phase I:

A 208-unit mixed income multifamily housing project with underground parking, the project will consist of a mix of one, two and three-bedroom apartments. Approximately 65 percent of the units are low income housing units, renting for people at or below 60 percent of area median income. The top two floors will be market-rate housing.

emigration1.jpg

emigration2.jpg

More coming soon!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like this site because I have always found some good Salt Lake City resources on here. Is there a Salt Lake City Forum or website? Anyways I had no idea so much was going on in SLC, I went to school there and moved away afterward and I have been wanting to go back there to live ever since. It is probably the most beautiful place I have ever been and surprisingly fun. After downtown is done it will be more bad ass than ever. This thread is a little old, has any construction started yet? Also what are they doing with the two downtown malls?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...