Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDC

Tallest buildings you've climbed...

69 posts in this topic

What tall buildings have you looked down on the earth from?

I've been up to the top of Boston's tallest, the John Hancock tower and the nation's tallest, the Sears Tower.

Never got a chance to go up to the top of the World Trade Center, and still haven't been up to the top of the Empire State Building. One of these days.

The tallest building I've ever been on is the Reunion Tower AT the Dallas Hyatt Regency.

173142_EXT_01_J.jpg

Empire State Building

NY WTC

CN Tower, Toronto

Eiffel Tower, Paris

Emirates Tower 1, Dubai

I've been to the top of the WTC, ESB, Peachtree Plaza and the Washington Monument.

Sears Tower!! I love that building and can't wait to go back up in it.

Gateway Arch in St. Louis

These are the only two large buildings I've been up inside. I plan on going inside many more, including the Reunion Tower in Dallas, which Dan326 posted.

World Trade Center NYC

Empire State Building observation deck

CN Tower Toronto

US Steel building or USX building or whatever it's called now in Pittsburgh. It's even taller than it looks from the street. When you're at the top you look over the sounding hills that I always thought were taller than the building.

Sadly, the tallest I've been in is the Corning Tower at Empire State Plaza in Albany, NY. I think its only 40-something stories.

The very top outside platform of the former WTC is the highest for me. Here is a photo I took from there in 1984. Sadly I never went back up there again.

ny14.jpg

Another of the tower when NYC had a bit more grit.

ny5.jpg

Can you really just walk into the Empire State Building (like Meg Ryan does in Sleepless in Seattle) and take the elevator to the top? When I went to the Sears Tower, it literally took about two hours, watching a video and waiting in lines.

Sears Tower for me.

I agree, the movie thing they have there isn't very good, but the view is fantastic. I've heard the Hancock building is a much nicer one to visit and the view's almost as good.

Can you really just walk into the Empire State Building (like Meg Ryan does in Sleepless in Seattle) and take the elevator to the top? When I went to the Sears Tower, it literally took about two hours, watching a video and waiting in lines.

Empire State Building in NYC

Rockafeller Plaza - Top of the Rock in NYC

World Trade Center - Baltimore

John Hancock Tower - Boston

Travelers Tower - Hartford

CN Tower

Sears Tower

Empire State Building

Peachtree Plaza-Atlanta

Prudential Tower-Boston

Sears Tower for me.

I agree, the movie thing they have there isn't very good, but the view is fantastic. I've heard the Hancock building is a much nicer one to visit and the view's almost as good.

The very top outside platform of the former WTC is the highest for me. Here is a photo I took from there in 1984. Sadly I never went back up there again.

ny14.jpg

The JP Morgan Chase Building

The Empire State Building

World Trade Centers

Marc, can you imagine if you took this photo again shortly before 9-11, how much the high-rise landscape surrounding it might have changed? It seems that city is constantly building new, and replacing existing, high-rise buildings.

Indeed. This is another photo looking back at the tower from the top of the ESB that was taken on that very wonderful late summer day in 1984.

ny12.jpg

americas-1a.jpg

Not super tall, but the Tower of Americas in San Antonio is the biggest I've scaled.

The Sears Tower back in 1988. Unfortunately it was a cloudy day and half of the tower was obcured by clouds-- not that a building being so insanely tall that half of it being in the clouds isn't cool in of itself. However it was neat to be on the observation floor and being inside a cloud. The glass curtain walls enclosing the space gave the effect of being inside a gigantic floresent light.