Nashville's future looks bright

AmandaHugginkiss

Don't know if this has been posted but I thought this would give you guys something to be proud of. I have only been in Tennessee and instantly fell in love with its "underdog" image. It turns out that there are alot of powerhouse company HQs are considering Memphis and Nashville.. The South's Ten Top Headquarters Relocation Markets

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that there is no thread on today's news about Caremark. With CVS' acquisition of Caremark, Nash will lose its largest fortune 500 company HQ. Seeing that it started in Birmingham,... oh well... easy come, easy go. I wouldn't expect any large effect on office and ee numbers (at least at first and until this merger fails). Too early, but Nash will probably become the division base.

the headquarters is not moving. I am dating a upper level guy who is with CVS who bases a large ammount of its operations out of nashville. since CVS has a large ammount of its operations based out of Nashville, it is planning on keeping Caremarx HQ here in nashville since it is already established here and has that call center out in metro center. CVS is just moving its offices into the Caremarx HQ in downtown

The news reports have said directly that the CVS HQ will remain in Woonsocket. While the Caremark division will continue to be based in Nashville. But the independent company known as Caremark will no longer exist. It will not be a F500 company.

True, there doesn't appear to be much (if any) effect on staffing in the Nashville office. It will be interesting to watch how Caremark is integrated, subsumed, or dissolved into CVS over time. As happens so often, the acquiring company makes promises to keep things "unchanged", but that rarely happens. It's the nature of business and hoped-for M&A results that never materialize. In light of WalMart's move into the PBM business, I'm happy to see another entity go up against them with a similar model. I think in the long run, Caremark probably wouldn't have existed in its present form. With CVS' retail presence, it seems to validate WalMart's model. We'll have to see.

ATL

I agree with your assessment in th elong run th eNashville presence will probably diminish. One glimmer of hope would be an eventual relocation of the CVS/Caremark entity to Nashville as sometimes happens post merger, especially given the CEO decision. I will say I have limited knowlegde as to the historical connection (loyalty) that CVS has to RI but Caremarks to Nashville was recent and superficial.

ATL

I agree with your assessment in th elong run th eNashville presence will probably diminish. One glimmer of hope would be an eventual relocation of the CVS/Caremark entity to Nashville as sometimes happens post merger, especially given the CEO decision. I will say I have limited knowlegde as to the historical connection (loyalty) that CVS has to RI but Caremarks to Nashville was recent and superficial.

Archived