Airtran Airlines

byrde

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear today on the news where an airline called Frontier Airlines could also be coming to BR Metro. Some incentive $package; if that deal is made, they will have to do the same for Air Tran as well.

I still am waiting to see the plans main run-way expansion; they are supposed to reconfigure Plank Road to Blount Rd. I'm not very sure we will see a NO/BR Intl' Airport if BR Metro continues to improve it's small airport?? The cargo airport somwhere on the westbank between BR and NO is still being talked about after hearing nothing for a year.

Frontier would be a good addition. I'd like to see both land here. I have to travel a lot for business and the more options, the better.

I've been to many cities of similar size to BR and when I compare their air options to ours I just have to shake my head. Little Rock, Dayton, OH and Albany, NY are all cities I've been to in recent years and they all have larger airports with more options. Dayton really blows me away because it is city sandwiched between Cincy and Columbus and they have twice the airport.

Frontier would be a good addition. I'd like to see both land here. I have to travel a lot for business and the more options, the better.

I've been to many cities of similar size to BR and when I compare their air options to ours I just have to shake my head. Little Rock, Dayton, OH and Albany, NY are all cities I've been to in recent years and they all have larger airports with more options. Dayton really blows me away because it is city sandwiched between Cincy and Columbus and they have twice the airport.

Even Little Rock's airport is nice. They have actual parking garages, not just all surface lots like most airports in similar-sized cities. They also have Southwest Airlines, which is a carrier I LOVE and the sole reason I typically fly out of Little Rock. I really like their airport up there.

Archived