Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veloise

Tour the renovated water plant?

53 posts in this topic

One of the major players behind the fix-up of the old historic water works building invites "us" for a tour. Time for a fall meet-up!

Please post if you are interested, and suggest some times/dates.

AFAIK they do not have a license, so any adult beverages would have to be obtained at another site.

I am interested in a meet up and tour. My schedule is pretty open and flexible so most all dates will work for me.

One of the major players behind the fix-up of the old historic water works building invites "us" for a tour. Time for a fall meet-up!

Please post if you are interested, and suggest some times/dates.

AFAIK they do not have a license, so any adult beverages would have to be obtained at another site.

I've been through it, but I'd go again.

Who's offering the tour, Michael or Ed?

Interesting, my wife had to do a PR campaign plan for De Vries Companies when she was at GVSU (she handed it in back in April). One of her suggested tactics was offering a tour of the place to urban planeteers to get their input and increase word of mouth. We'll be waiting for a check in the mail. :P

I've been through it, but I'd go again.

Who's offering the tour, Michael or Ed?

I've already taken and posted blurry pictures of the outside of the place... it might be fun to see the inside. No preference on time or days: If I can make it, great. If not... then not.

I might go too. I would suggest picking a time and going with it. Hopefully I could make it.

I'm in. Any time after 6 would probably be best for me. Preferably on a weekday.

I've asked Mike DV for a weeknight 6:30-ish. And sent him the link to this forum.

It won't be next week. $%^&*( command performance in Johnny AppleBack's territory; this obviates my election place work too. ))(*&^%$#

I heard they were putting windows in the free-standing silos. I wonder if there's a tenant.

191290586_6ccec897cc.jpg

Tuesday Nov 14, 6 or 6:30 pm. How about it?

I'll put in a request right now to be out of work by 5 on that day. I'm excited =D

Wow, there's a 5/3 there?! That place looks really sharp!

Wow, there's a 5/3 there?! That place looks really sharp!

Someone have the old postcard? (I do, but have computer issues for a few days.) The renovated building looks exactly like it used to, 'cept the landscaping is different.

Shall I ask my contact about refreshments? If they have a space for us to gather, we could each bring something. (I am nt thinking of kegs.)

if I am still here on the 14th I am deffinatly in for meeting some of my fellow GR UP'rs. I don't post nearly as much as some of you... but I hope I'm still welcome :)

Are we still on for this tour on Tuesday? I have it in my calendar. Do we need to wear a certain color shirt?

Nitro, you going or what?

Are we still on for this tour on Tuesday? I have it in my calendar. Do we need to wear a certain color shirt?

Nitro, you going or what?

OK, we're on.

"Great to hear! It is an exciting project. I am waiting to hear back from the principals at NTH and Pinnacle Insurance about access to their suites, but I don