Tour the renovated water plant?

Veloise

PS: i used to live really close to there as a kid (on Dale st. where the north end of Van's Pattern now stands) and always wanted to sneak in and see what it was like. But it was so scary looking... along with those giant pools of bubbling "water" one could "fall" into! I guess now that I'm all grown up, I should be able to go in there no problem right? ;)

hope i'm able to make it down. Thanks Veloise :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not a large building, and if you come in the front entrance...

Tell ya what--I'll wear my KENT SHERIFF TRAIL PATROL neon mesh vest. (Looks like rideable weather for Tuesday...unlike Friday evening!)

And I'll have a plastic Halloween pumpkin stuck on my face. (Seriously, I haven't put the punkies away yet.)

edit: forecast

From my contact Paul Knust:

Everything is looking good for the tour tonight. Ed and I are planning on being there at 6:30 to host everyone.

I have confirmed with both Pinnacle Insurance and NTH Consultants that we will be able to walk through their suites. We will also be able to get a sneak peak at some parts of the building that are under construction.

As far as light snacks, that sounds great. We should be able to snag a conference room; our only request is that we hold off on alcohol.

We are looking forward to having you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll tell him we might have a dozen people, which should cover all the committment-phobes.

The tour was great, Mr. Devries and his associate (I'm sorry I'm horrible with names) were very friendly and provided not only developmental information on the building, but historical as well. They definately did their research on the building and are doing a great job with it. I think it was michaelskis? was taking a lot of photos, so hopefully we'll see those soon.

Yes, thank you Veloise for setting it up, and thank you Ed De Vries and Paul Knust for taking the time to show us around.

I had always wondered about the building since I've been in Grand Rapids. It looked interesting, but I was unsure what the space inside was like and how usable it was being a water filtration plant. It's almost like turning an oil refinery into office space. Maybe not quite that extreme, but I'm sure it was a challenge. What they've been able to do is pretty impressive.

I wasn't aware that there would be apartments in the tower before. Those look like they'll be amazing when finished. They were on the pricey side however, even for a renaissance zone. The apartment on the very top has a great view of downtown.

-nb

Yes, thank you Veloise for setting it up, and thank you Ed De Vries and Paul Knust for taking the time to show us around.

I had always wondered about the building since I've been in Grand Rapids. It looked interesting, but I was unsure what the space inside was like and how usable it was being a water filtration plant. It's almost like turning an oil refinery into office space. Maybe not quite that extreme, but I'm sure it was a challenge. What they've been able to do is pretty impressive.

I wasn't aware that there would be apartments in the tower before. Those look like they'll be amazing when finished. They were on the pricey side however, even for a renaissance zone. The apartment on the very top has a great view of downtown.

-nb

It was our pleasure to take you through Clear Water Place last night. As many of you saw, the building is coming together very nicely. For those who were not able to make it, we are excited for you to see the pictures. Pinnacle Insurance Partners, The Grand Rapids Legal News, and NTH Consultants all have fantastic office suites.

The residences will be spectacular as well. Feel free to check out http://www.liveinalandmark.com for more information and pictures of the units as construction progresses.

And for clarification, there will be two residences at 1250 sq. ft., two at 1530 sq. ft., one at 1550 sq. ft., and the third floor residence will be around 1600 sq. ft.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Paul

Archived