Whole Foods is REALLY coming

nanaaapl

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you God, thank you God, thank you God! I agree with metrowester below as I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart any longer. I don't care how low their prices go; it's a travesty what they're doing to the American worker and wages in this country. Most of the Whole Foods that are going up now are 60,000 square feet or more. They are doing a lot of remodeling on their old ones to make those bigger as well. I recently went to the new one they opened up this Spring in Duluth, Georgia. It made me want to fall on the ground and worship them. They had a sushi bar, an italian bistro, wine/cheese bar, a HUGE buffet (thought I was in Golden Corral there for a minute, LOL). The fish department display was so exotic. This place was huge inside and they had everything. I hope Jacksonville has the same. I usually check wholefoods.com for the latest on store openings and they will tell you how large it will be.

By the was, what part of town is Mandarin in? I'm currently living in Auburn, AL and we plan to move to J-vill in the summer.

Peace,

CWK :yahoo:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Winn-Dixie is great. I think the biggest problem is that in their prime they were the ones building in all of the new development around town. Eventually those development aged and became associated with the "less fortunate" areas of town tarnishing their image. Publix has since come in and is building nice new stores in all of the newly developed areas of town and are considered classier because of that. Its a cycle. The areas that don't have publix but do have a shiny new Winn-Dixie would likely have nothing bad to say about the store. Newer Winn-Dixies are as nice as most Publix, IMO. Each has their strong points but all in all they're very similar.

They didn't locate in aging neighborhoods, the neighborhoods aged around them. IMO, their fall has been related to the inability to beat out Publix in the new neighborhoods. Because they have been associated with the now less desireable areas Publix has been able to step in and offer what the yuppies consider more upscale and nicer stores when in fact they are very similar. Its all about image these day I guess. Publix will likely face the same hardships once the now exploding area suburbs become the less desireable areas of town around them.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I went down for the Whole Foods Opening in Orlando and found out some goodies! Our store will be opening Dec 08/Jan 09 and it will be around 54,000 ft squared (2,000 more than the one in Orlando!). I went by a couple of weeks ago and got more pics! Here they are! I am hoping for December here! :)

• 3 months later...

Just got some good news for you Whole Foods lovers like me, I have got potential opening DATES. I had a customer in my store that works for Whole Foods and I got the LD. THe construction company will be handing the store over to Whole Foods in November to stock and the COO should be given in November obviously. Then a December 3rd or 10th opening date depending on how well things go. I am hoping for a December 10th because I will be out of school by then. Just thought I'd share this exciting info with all of you folks!

Archived