Nashville Loses Last Fortune 500 Company

ATLBrain

I'm pretty sure this leaves Nashville with no F500 company based there. If true, is the largest city without one?

HCA will go private which removes it from inclusion in the Fortune 500 index of publicly traded companies.

Caremark will be bought by CVS.

Community Health moved to Brentwood.

Dollar General is in Goodlettsville.

I don't think there are any others.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure this leaves Nashville with no F500 company based there. If true, is the largest city without one?

HCA will go private which removes it from inclusion in the Fortune 500 index of publicly traded companies.

Caremark will be bought by CVS.

Community Health moved to Brentwood.

Dollar General is in Goodlettsville.

I don't think there are any others.

Honestly, I think that this isn't all that important, the Nashville MSA has several Fortune 500 companies, although the city itself may not have them. In the timebeing Nissan is DT, so technically it's in Nashville. Losing Caremark doesn't make our city much better or worse in my opinion.

Ingram Industries is headquartered in Nashville. It would be a Fortune 500 company if it were not privately held. I've heard annual sales estimates as high as $20 Billion per year for Ingram.

And HCA is headquartered in Nashville. Even if it goes private, it doesn't change the fact that it is headquartered in Nashville and it IS one of the 500 largest companies in the U.S.

Therefore, whether Nashville has any official Fortune 500 companies or not, it is still home to two of the 500 largest companies in the U.S. That's all that really counts.

Archived