Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRM76

New Hotel on M-6 and East Beltline

GRM76    0

I just past a sign this afternoon on the north west corner of the M6 and East Beltline that read HOTEL COMING SOON and a SOLD sign over the top of that. Has anyone heard what that might be and when they might start moving dirt? Working in the Grand Rapids hotel industry I tend to hear of hotels coming but this one was a suprise to me.

GR8scott    79

when the highway first opened there was going to be a 8 floor hilton garden hotel at the NE corner. there was a sign that said future site of Hilton Garden....... I've always wondered what happened to that plan and I thought that area would build up faster like the Kalamazoo ave/M6 area has. Davenport is the only thing that has grown, there were plans for another meijer and other shops as there was going to be a peterbuilt/mack truck dealersip in the NW corner where that old bank is.

also does anyone know what that hotel is going to be in the SE corner of I-96 and East Beltline? It looks pretty big and nice for the typical chains you see around here. I know there is also a northpointe bank and a chicago pizza place going in but I havent heard any details about the hotel.

Nitro    3
also does anyone know what that hotel is going to be in the SE corner of I-96 and East Beltline? It looks pretty big and nice for the typical chains you see around here.

NorthEnder    0
OK... I've seen that one going up. I must have responded to the wrong part of this thread. I was asking about the NW corner of M6 and East Beltline and the HOTEL COMING SOON sign. Thanks.

twoshort    8
OK... I've seen that one going up. I must have responded to the wrong part of this thread. I was asking about the NW corner of M6 and East Beltline and the HOTEL COMING SOON sign. Thanks.

NorthEnder    0
All I meant was the "NW" corner of m6 and eb has a few different lots, so it could be a number of owners. If someone were able to say "it's the old dermody truck sales location" then I could say "well it's still owned by dermody truck sales."