New Hotel on M-6 and East Beltline

GRM76

I just past a sign this afternoon on the north west corner of the M6 and East Beltline that read HOTEL COMING SOON and a SOLD sign over the top of that. Has anyone heard what that might be and when they might start moving dirt? Working in the Grand Rapids hotel industry I tend to hear of hotels coming but this one was a suprise to me.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when the highway first opened there was going to be a 8 floor hilton garden hotel at the NE corner. there was a sign that said future site of Hilton Garden....... I've always wondered what happened to that plan and I thought that area would build up faster like the Kalamazoo ave/M6 area has. Davenport is the only thing that has grown, there were plans for another meijer and other shops as there was going to be a peterbuilt/mack truck dealersip in the NW corner where that old bank is.

also does anyone know what that hotel is going to be in the SE corner of I-96 and East Beltline? It looks pretty big and nice for the typical chains you see around here. I know there is also a northpointe bank and a chicago pizza place going in but I havent heard any details about the hotel.

Archived