Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRM76

New Hotel on M-6 and East Beltline

16 posts in this topic

I just past a sign this afternoon on the north west corner of the M6 and East Beltline that read HOTEL COMING SOON and a SOLD sign over the top of that. Has anyone heard what that might be and when they might start moving dirt? Working in the Grand Rapids hotel industry I tend to hear of hotels coming but this one was a suprise to me.

when the highway first opened there was going to be a 8 floor hilton garden hotel at the NE corner. there was a sign that said future site of Hilton Garden....... I've always wondered what happened to that plan and I thought that area would build up faster like the Kalamazoo ave/M6 area has. Davenport is the only thing that has grown, there were plans for another meijer and other shops as there was going to be a peterbuilt/mack truck dealersip in the NW corner where that old bank is.

also does anyone know what that hotel is going to be in the SE corner of I-96 and East Beltline? It looks pretty big and nice for the typical chains you see around here. I know there is also a northpointe bank and a chicago pizza place going in but I havent heard any details about the hotel.

also does anyone know what that hotel is going to be in the SE corner of I-96 and East Beltline? It looks pretty big and nice for the typical chains you see around here.

Any idea on when they will break ground and get this project started?

It's moving right along, that's for sure. They're doing the exterior finish right now (stucco/paint looking stuff).

OK... I've seen that one going up. I must have responded to the wrong part of this thread. I was asking about the NW corner of M6 and East Beltline and the HOTEL COMING SOON sign. Thanks.

OK... I've seen that one going up. I must have responded to the wrong part of this thread. I was asking about the NW corner of M6 and East Beltline and the HOTEL COMING SOON sign. Thanks.

All I meant was the "NW" corner of m6 and eb has a few different lots, so it could be a number of owners. If someone were able to say "it's the old dermody truck sales location" then I could say "well it's still owned by dermody truck sales."

So far this thread kinda reminds me of "Who's on first?" :P

(I don't know who owns the lot either)