Freedom Weekend Aloft Returning to Greenville (County)

RestedTraveler

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am glad it is returning to Greenville, but based on what you said I am concerned that the 40,000-50,000 people they are expecting can fit into that location. I do think the attendance will be better than the last few years in Anderson. Hopefully they can still get some good acts to perform like Anderson did.

I think it is funny that Anderson is planning their own balloon festival around the same time as Freedom Weekend Aloft. Good thing they aren't bitter about this! :lol:

I think this is great news. A central upstate location only makes sense.

Just throwing this out there...

Simpsonville will acheive this somewhat for visitors coming from the South, but it would be nice if a location along the Southern Connector were chosen. That way people coming from any direction would pay the toll and help support the road...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I was in Simpsonville yesterday. I had read about the old interchanges on I-385 actually stifling development because they were so horrible (remember the one on W. Georgia Rd.?). :sick:

If Simpsonville is going to host a major event like FWA, then good access is a must.

Coming back in from the coast this weekend, I noticed that all 3 bridges had the streetlamps on for the first time. The streetlamps and brickwork do look nice. Would be awesome if every 385 bridge on into town had this design. :thumbsup:

I just came across an article that discusses the entertainment for this year's Freedom Weekend Aloft:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs..../704180343/1144

Goo Goo Dolls, Government Mule, and Gary Allan is not a bad lineup at all. :thumbsup:

I also did not know that Heritage Park amphitheater, where the festivities will take place, seats 15,000.

"I also did not know that Heritage Park amphitheater, where the festivities will take place, seats 15,000"

I drove back to Heritage Park tonight on my way to the gym, and all I could see becides all the baseball fields were mounds of dirt. Didnt really get out of the car since it was raining and the roads were covered in clay and dirt to see what was on th eother side of the mounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I have officially signed up to be part of this festival. I will be there with 2 of my carts and they will both be located in the Amphitheater. Luckily I will be one of the very few food vendors inside the theater. The lady I have been dealing with has told me they were laying down the sod for the theater this week.

This should be a great event. Im really looking forward to it. I have never saw Hot Air Balloons and Ill be hearing the music for free while I work for three days. I couldnt ask for a better situation.

Archived