Rock Hill is changing - for the better?

teshadoh

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carrabbas is Great! :good: If you need any recommendations let me know. I actually had the pleasure of dining at the original Carrabbas. :alc: It was great. The service ranked with the finest. Give it a try, I'm sure you will find something you like...unless you don't like Italian food... :dunno:

I was told tonight that Lowe's Foods is building at Celanese & Mt. Gallant!! I think the lot is WAY too small for a Lowe's Foods, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but the guy that told me it is in retail development in Rock Hill, so he should know and he sounded certain.

That wouldn't be all that bad...

I've been to a Earth Fare store in Asheville, they are comparable to Whole Foods but not geared to the obsessive wealthy demographic group as Whole Foods is. Perhaps newer stores are higher end, but Earth Fare is more oriented towards healthy / organic / hippy foods than Whole Foods.

That will be quite impressive for RH to have an organic grocery, as much as I loved the old Harris Teeter - it will make a nice addition.

• 4 weeks later...

I know not everyone will agree, but that growth is thanks in large part to Charlotte's population boom. Other areas just inside SC and near Charlotte are experiencing similar rapid growth. In fact, I would wager the real estate agents in York County use the "Charlotte" wildcard quite frequently. ^_^

I know not everyone will agree, but that growth is thanks in large part to Charlotte's population boom. Other areas just inside SC and near Charlotte are experiencing similar rapid growth. In fact, I would wager the real estate agents in York County use the "Charlotte" wildcard quite frequently. ^_^

Well, that growth IS coming to unincorporated areas of York County as well. I'm afraid that Rock Hill's lack of annexing power works against containing any kind of sprawl. Of course, neither Rock Hill or York County's goverments seem concerned with containing it at all.

Well, that growth IS coming to unincorporated areas of York County as well. I'm afraid that Rock Hill's lack of annexing power works against containing any kind of sprawl. Of course, neither Rock Hill or York County's goverments seem concerned with containing it at all.

You can check out the city limits like I do from the county / city's GIS site: http://www.yorkcountygov.com/content.aspx?...149&count=0

It's not a large area, maybe only a few thousand people - but the city despite several attempts could never annex the residents. Rock Hill has largely been unsuccessful in annexing existing subdivisions especially when many unincorporated residents are satisfied with their septic tank & well water (though I hated our septic tank when it rained hard).

Archived