Rock Hill is changing - for the better?

teshadoh

Im really excited about all this growth in Rock Hill :) Im a student at Winthrop University, and new bars and restaurants etc. will most likely help retention rates at the school. They recently opened a new Moe's-like restaurant next to McDonalds, which was needed since McDs was getting old for many.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This extension could change the region forever. The amount of land opened up to development would be crazy, especially on the Lancaster County side. Lancaster percentage wise would definitely become one of the fastest growing in the state, if not The fastest growing percentage wise.

This extension could change the region forever. The amount of land opened up to development would be crazy, especially on the Lancaster County side. Lancaster percentage wise would definitely become one of the fastest growing in the state, if not The fastest growing percentage wise.

I agree about the change of the region, but from what I have seen the extension would barely touch into Lancaster, but still would be very beneficial. The majority of land would be annexed into Rock Hill, but anyway you look at it, it benefits everyone around it.

Eventhough the extension goes into a small portion of Lancaster County, this portion it does go into is the fastest growing. That coupled with the low taxes would bring the boom. Right now developers are relectant to go too far south on US 521 but with the extension all that would change.

Eventhough the extension goes into a small portion of Lancaster County, this portion it does go into is the fastest growing. That coupled with the low taxes would bring the boom. Right now developers are relectant to go too far south on US 521 but with the extension all that would change.

Krazeeboi and I have wanted a Rock Hill subforum for some time. Actually, I'd like to see quite a few other subforums as well. But please understand that we like to see regular, sustained activity on a place before we give it a subforum. This is UPs general policy for most sctive forums like South Carolina. Its not out of the question at all, but I'd like to give it some more time.

Feel free to make all the new threads & posts you want to in the mean time. Rock Hill does have a lot to talk about.

Krazeeboi and I have wanted a Rock Hill subforum for some time. Actually, I'd like to see quite a few other subforums as well. But please understand that we like to see regular, sustained activity on a place before we give it a subforum. This is UPs general policy for most sctive forums like South Carolina. Its not out of the question at all, but I'd like to give it some more time.

Feel free to make all the new threads & posts you want to in the mean time. Rock Hill does have a lot to talk about.

The new Circuit City and Carrabas will be located directly behind the Food Lion and new shops on Herlong ie. Si' Pizza, Durango Bagel, SC Shop. etc. At least that's what I heard. I also heard the Circuit City will be quite large. I havent heard crap for the Old Navy or Gap, except that it's coming. I know for a fact the Carrabas is coming. Also heard about a new Red Lobster in the same area. I have heard rumors for numerous new restaurants, and big box shops coming to the city of RH. Any other big one's that you have heard??

On Herlong?!? Wow, that is hard to believe but I can imagine it happening. But still hard to comprehend having known that Herlong to be the old dirt road called Cathcart Rd where the only building was an old Black church.

Teshadoh, this will be a stone's throw away from the new Millwood Plantation, which already has a nice assortment of stores (e.g., Jos A Bank) and restaurants.

I assume the church you're talking about is Ebenezer Baptist right beside Piedmont Hospital. They recently completed a new sanctuary right next to the old one, and a brand spanking new apartment complex just opened up nearby. Heckle is a very different beast these days. :)

Archived