Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

northernbizzkit1

NBC Nightly News

15 posts in this topic

Watch the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams tomorrow...it will be broadcasting from Memphis!

Watch the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams tomorrow...it will be broadcasting from Memphis!

I typically vote republican, but does anyone else think that corker kind of acts like a child??

I typically vote republican, but does anyone else think that corker kind of acts like a child??

This is great! They just finished a portion talking about the controversy of choosing Memphis...Brian Williams read an e-mail from a guy named Butch who wrote that "Briansama" was coming to Memphis to stump for Harold Ford and that it was the liberal media at its lowest. Brian replied, "The choice was simple: Memphis is the largest city in the state and is home to a great NBC station." WOOT!

Politics aside, this is great for the city.

They could have chosen a better background than a deserted Beale Street though. Any ideas on a better venue for a national broadcast from the city?

Politics aside, this is great for the city.

They could have chosen a better background than a deserted Beale Street though. Any ideas on a better venue for a national broadcast from the city?

if the balcony on Peabody Place was functional, that would be a good one...top of the Pyramid haha.

i liked their choice... people waving in the background... haha

the only thing i didnt like was them playing walking in memphis at the end(i hate that song haha)

i liked how they panned out from Brian Williams to show Beale Street, then Peabody Place and the Hampton Inn&Suites, and then the "M" bridge and all of downtown showed up. Great images for a great city!

There are two things we need to do to make our downtown look better (on TV) 1. Put more lights on streets and buildings; 2. Put more people on streets! Former is achievable, latter...you figure out.

This is great! They just finished a portion talking about the controversy of choosing Memphis...Brian Williams read an e-mail from a guy named Butch who wrote that "Briansama" was coming to Memphis to stump for Harold Ford and that it was the liberal media at its lowest. Brian replied, "The choice was simple: Memphis is the largest city in the state and is home to a great NBC station." WOOT!

I think the liberal bias comments are a joke.

Aside from that, the city was looking nice at the opening. The aerial view was quite striking.