The Luxparque - 320 Palmetto Ave.

palmtree73

I haven't seen any discussion on this project, which I find interesting because it's the second project downtown to propose an automated parking garage because of the small lot. The other project with a similar proposal is 330 E. Central next to The Waverly. Baker Barrios is designing this one, too. Are there any other architects in town? :)

Below are some renderings and here a couple of links to its Web site and a news article about the parking garage.

The Luxparque

palmetto_01.jpg

palmetto_02.jpg

car_park.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sound really cool but just make me wonder what if the power went out or when there is a malfunction on the system. Then one can tell the boss "I cant come to work because my elevator broke." What if the person in front of you take 10 mins or more to get his car started to leave the platform.

Anyhow, build it, the more the merrier.

Most places I have seen the automated parking garages, is in cities where there is a public transportation system so the cars are only used on the weekends or infrequently.

I would imagine the automated system would be a real hassle if everyone in the building used there cars many times a day like you would in Orlando.

I also have to wonder what the monthly maintenance fee for this beast will be when the cost has to be split amongst only 31 units. There is always safety in numbers.

• 4 months later...

so is this 155 Palmetto that just got its zoning approved by the city? Is this in addition to? I know 155 would have to be the same exact type of building. Our poor little Metro building is being swallowed up. Does this mean we will never get demolished and go highrise if we got bought out? We would block 3 condo buildings wonderful views of Lake Eola.

so is this 155 Palmetto that just got its zoning approved by the city? Is this in addition to? I know 155 would have to be the same exact type of building. Our poor little Metro building is being swallowed up. Does this mean we will never get demolished and go highrise if we got bought out? We would block 3 condo buildings wonderful views of Lake Eola.

ok wow! so there is a possibillity of 3 high rises using this automated garage. I remember recieving the letter for the zoning meeting for 155 palmetto. I did'nt think it would hurt us anymore here in the Metro so I was not opposed to it. I did a search on UP for 155 and could not find its forum.

Archived