Richmond Road corridor

dimebag1980

Don't you think this corridor deserves its own topic? I certainly do! I recall when I was living in Texarkana, I often complained about the lack of good stores and restaurants, and when I'd go to a movie at Movies 12, I'd look out over the empty pasture behind it and wonder if anything would ever be built there. Now, just over 3 years later, that giant cow pasture is LONG gone and no one would ever believe it was there only 3 years ago. Can you believe it? Of course you can, because you saw it... but that area looks nothing like it did then.

Anyway, Darius, I figured I'd christen this new Richmond Road corridor thread by posting the rendering of what your Kohl's store is supposed to look like when finished. I just happened upon this and figured you might appreciate it, my friend. To me, it looks like it was designed to fit PERFECTLY with the new Cinemark theater that's right there as well. Projected ioening for Kohl's appears to be March.

Kohls-Elevationsm2.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It hasn't been that long since it was just as busy as any other road in Texarkana, which wasn't EXTREMELY busy. Now, it's more congested than a lot of streets in my area. One of the things hurting it is the fact that everything is crammed right off the interstate, and the feeder roads in that area of Texarkana just aren't serving their purpose very well. It's definitely strange to be going down I-30 these days and see that congestion, but it's welcome progress for Texarkana.

I know none of my friends or family in Texarkana are opposed to the new development. They all used to have to come down here for the stores and restaurants, and now they can stay put in Texarkana.

Darius, I have a question for you - does Wake Village have a police department?? I could have sworn they did... in that traffic circle near the fire station. But this morning we received a very strange early-morning phone call from a good friend who lives in Wake Village, so we grabbed our Texarkana phone book to call the Wake Village Police but there was no number listed... only fire. So we called 411 information, and they rang the Texarkana, TX Police. To make things worse, THERE WAS NO ANSWER at the Texarkana Police Dept.

Edit: That's strange, I did find a Wake Village Police Dept. listing online here. I wonder why the Texarkana phone book doesn't list it and why 411 wouldn't have it.

I know none of my friends or family in Texarkana are opposed to the new development. They all used to have to come down here for the stores and restaurants, and now they can stay put in Texarkana.

Darius, I have a question for you - does Wake Village have a police department?? I could have sworn they did... in that traffic circle near the fire station. But this morning we received a very strange early-morning phone call from a good friend who lives in Wake Village, so we grabbed our Texarkana phone book to call the Wake Village Police but there was no number listed... only fire. So we called 411 information, and they rang the Texarkana, TX Police. To make things worse, THERE WAS NO ANSWER at the Texarkana Police Dept.

Edit: That's strange, I did find a Wake Village Police Dept. listing online here. I wonder why the Texarkana phone book doesn't list it and why 411 wouldn't have it.

LOL! That's crazy! Have you heard of a restaurant called Ironwood Grill? There's supposed to be one built on Richmond Road. I also heard that the 2 lane section of Richmond way out by the intersection of Kings Hwy will be widened to 4 lanes within 5 years. Several connector roads that will run into Richmond are under construction.

Never heard of it, but I just Googled it and here's what I got:

http://www.ironwoodgrill.com

Looks like it's a local place, but their website looks very professional like that of a chain. When I first saw the site I thought "wow, nice!" They say they opened their doors in Fall 2005?? I've never even heard of them. But I don't know if they're moving to Richmond Road or opening a second location.

Archived