River Market Tower/Place

skirby

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

New pictures of River Market Place.

Rover Market Tower on the left and the Hampton Inn on the right.

Working on the last floor of the Hampton Inn.

River Market Tower with the tower crane.

River Market Tower.

Hampton Inn

Imagine what the before and after shots will look like of this city block. The new structures are adding a depth to the revitalization that didn't exist yet. I'd like to see one or two more developers doing this sort of thing in the area. The competition would be good. The non-Moses Tucker, private developments haven't had the same scale or impact on downtown yet.

This is why I come to these boards Skirby... I was beginning to go through photo update withdrawal. Thank you for feeding my appetite for more. Keep them coming.

I haven't been out lately. Not too many sunny days this time of year and if the sun does come out by 2:30 the shadows are causing problems.

Working on the last floor of the Hampton Inn.

p1010900xt1.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

Geez, I realize it's still early, but that Hampton inn structure looks awfully generic, like all their other high rises. Then again, I guess that's how any multistory building would look early on....

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the density and activity are amazing....frankly, there aren't many cities this size (and larger) that are developing the volume, scale and quality of the River Market. Honestly, its becoming its own skyline that without question is larger than any other state skyline on its own.

We just had dinner tonight with my business partner and his wife at Vermillion Water Grille, and it was packed. People everywhere, cranes, streetcars...it actually felt like a core of urban sophistication never before seen in this state, and we all commented about such. Just all around, its pretty @#! impressive.

I have to agree with you. That part of downtown is getting an urban feel to it. If they keep going Mr. Moses and Mr. Tucker will develop a very nice neighborhood.

• 4 weeks later...

The street level of the Tuf-Nut lofts is supposed to be converted to retail space. Does anyone know what is supposed to be going in there? Is it grocery/food retail???

Don't know about what retail will be going in there but some might find this interesting. There are eight one bedroom units listed for sale in the Tuf-Nut building. I thought this building had been apartments only. All the units are in the 500 sq. ft. range and are listed between $165,000 and

$185,000.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived