River Market Tower/Place

skirby

Its a little early to call it "generic" isn't it? Its just the building frame at this point.

In the end, you may be right, but I doubt it if AMR Architects is involved.

We ate at Flying Fish tonight (line on the street in the cold to get in). Someone on this board knows how tall a building will be in relation to the crane. What these pics don't really show is that the condo tower will be notably taller than the surrounding buildings. There will be increased density and skyline. I love coming down Markham and seeing 300 3rd.

I think the building will look like the rendering. That's just me tho, I'm kinda out there. :dontknow:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ate at Flying Fish tonight (line on the street in the cold to get in). Someone on this board knows how tall a building will be in relation to the crane. What these pics don't really show is that the condo tower will be notably taller than the surrounding buildings. There will be increased density and skyline. I love coming down Markham and seeing 300 3rd.

I think the building will look like the rendering. That's just me tho, I'm kinda out there. :dontknow:

I think the building will come up to the last 20 foot section of the crane. At this time it is about the middle point.

This picture shows a better perspective in relationship to 300 3rd.

p1020166rm4.jpg

I didn't realize there was a final rendering of Hampton Inn in the River Market Towers rendering. (So THAT's what Turbo was referring to...) And no, I wasn't making my final decision based on the rendering, just what it was starting to look like according to Skirby's pictures...

River-Market-Tower.jpg

Hampton Inn is at the left.

Hmm...it's attractive in the sense that a new hotel would be attractive (anywhere, 'burbs or urban area), and it fits well with the rest of the surrounding architecture. But it's nothing special--still very generic in that sense. I'm certainly not complaining though--it will still be a nice addition to downtown, and it fits.

It looks somewhat like Embassy Suites in Hot Springs, with a red brick finish instead of white brick.

Another rendering of the Hampton Inn.

hamptoninncdiah2.jpg

This is a new one to me. I like it.

I don't need to be impressed by a new Hampton Inn building. First, it is new construction. Very little new construction seems to have the charm at a level of the Capital Hotel. Nothing about the Embassy Suites or Crowne Plaza in WLR is all that striking to me. Second, because it is new, I would expect it to have all the amenities that travelers want starting opening day. It may not be luxury, but you can't build a hotel today without an internet connection, flat screen TVs and HDTV in the room. Third, location is important for any hotel, and this one has it. One will be able to easily walk the couple of blocks to the Arts Center as well as the River Market (still need a pharmacy downtown).

This particular rendering doesn't show the facade changes to Tuff-Nut, which mimic the ground floor (retail perhaps) streetscape (trees, awnings, glass and entrances). There will be continuity the length of this block. This is something that Moses has been changing about downtown with each project. It wasn't too many Riverfests ago that I stood on the concrete loading ramp on the east side of Tuff-Nut to watch Trout Fishing in America perform on the Budweiser Stage setup on an empty parking lot where the Acxiom park now sits.

Speaking of parks, when this project is complete, I believe Moses said there will be a common green space in the center of this block. Could be a nice place for a hidden gem of a restaurant with outdoor seating. It could cater to travelers and condo dwellers.

This is a new one to me. I like it.

I don't need to be impressed by a new Hampton Inn building. First, it is new construction. Very little new construction seems to have the charm at a level of the Capital Hotel. Nothing about the Embassy Suites or Crowne Plaza in WLR is all that striking to me. Second, because it is new, I would expect it to have all the amenities that travelers want starting opening day. It may not be luxury, but you can't build a hotel today without an internet connection, flat screen TVs and HDTV in the room. Third, location is important for any hotel, and this one has it. One will be able to easily walk the couple of blocks to the Arts Center as well as the River Market (still need a pharmacy downtown).

This particular rendering doesn't show the facade changes to Tuff-Nut, which mimic the ground floor (retail perhaps) streetscape (trees, awnings, glass and entrances). There will be continuity the length of this block. This is something that Moses has been changing about downtown with each project. It wasn't too many Riverfests ago that I stood on the concrete loading ramp on the east side of Tuff-Nut to watch Trout Fishing in America perform on the Budweiser Stage setup on an empty parking lot where the Acxiom park now sits.

Speaking of parks, when this project is complete, I believe Moses said there will be a common green space in the center of this block. Could be a nice place for a hidden gem of a restaurant with outdoor seating. It could cater to travelers and condo dwellers.

If you go to this ( http://www.rivermarkettower.com/ ) link and look under amenities then neighborhood amenities it shows an aeriel view of the block including the green space in the center.

Also, I think you may have been referring to the river market district when you mentioned a pharmacy downtown but if you meant the entire downtown area, there is one in the lobby of the Regions building which isn't to far away.

If you go to this ( http://www.rivermarkettower.com/ ) link and look under amenities then neighborhood amenities it shows an aeriel view of the block including the green space in the center.

Also, I think you may have been referring to the river market district when you mentioned a pharmacy downtown but if you meant the entire downtown area, there is one in the lobby of the Regions building which isn't to far away.

If you need a pharmacy and don't want to drive jump on the trolley to Argenta. The the oldest continuously operating pharmacy west of the Mississippi is located just north of City Hall. The Argenta Drug Store was built in 1887. Maybe they should start a delivery service to those south of the river within a few blocks of the River Rail.

If you need a pharmacy and don't want to drive jump on the trolley to Argenta. The the oldest continuously operating pharmacy west of the Mississippi is located just north of City Hall. The Argenta Drug Store was built in 1887. Maybe they should start a delivery service to those south of the river within a few blocks of the River Rail.

Didn't know about the Argenta Drug Store. The delivery service is a great idea. I wonder if the do any advertising in the condos.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought you guys might like to know that we are about to start casting the Architectural Precast Panels for this project within a week.

If I can get them into production on time we should finish casting panels by the third week of May.

So you should start to see some progress on the East Side of the bldg. pretty soon.

Precast_Jr

Just thought you guys might like to know that we are about to start casting the Architectural Precast Panels for this project within a week.

If I can get them into production on time we should finish casting panels by the third week of May.

So you should start to see some progress on the East Side of the bldg. pretty soon.

Precast_Jr

Great! Is this for the Hampton or RMT?

A couple of shots of the Hampton Inn under construction.

Some criticized the uninspiring design of the Hampton Inn early in this thread. Personally, when I think of Hampton Inn, an architectural stunning building does not come to mind. (The Vegas Hampton Inn looks like our Embassy Suites) I would not call this building inspiring; however, the asymmetrical insets in the design add interest to what would otherwise be a large rectangular cube. It will be interesting to see how they dress up the street scape on the South and East. I don't think I like how the building finishes at the top. I'll have to reserve final judgment till it is complete

Now the River Market Tower. Starting to work on the 15th floor.

My favorite of these great shots is the shot looking west down 4th street. Very little of that well-defined urban area existed there a short while ago. Anyone remember what year the Capitol Commerce Building was complete? 1999ish?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually walk by here everyday. It is amazing to me how quickly it seems to be going up. I don't have a lot of knowledge about structures like this being built and how long it normally takes but it does seem quick to me. The brick around the parking deck is being put up and a lot of the brick is up on the west side of the building.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived