The Louisiana Saints

Trae

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be a good idea, especially considering the entire state at least partially funds some parts of the organization, but it's not going to happen, especially now after Katrina. Right now the Saints represent New Orleans and the people of the Gulf Coast, and if the name changes to anything else, it would be something that ties New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast to the organization, not the rest of this state alone. Especially considering the majority of the fans are obviously in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast, while most people in Louisiana outside the SE portion of the state don't really seem to even care.

I think it has a nice sound to it. They are a Gulf Coast Region team more than ever now. Having this past training camp in Jackson was a good move. Maybe they could have camp in Mobile next season, Lafayette the next, etc.

One big problem most northern La. people tend to be Cowboys fans more than Saints fans. So it probably will remain New Orleans Saints.

BTW nice work in the Texas forum. :thumbsup:

I thought just this way, being from what the state of Louisiana went through in 2005, that it would be a good choice. The Saints already where a Louisiana patch on their uniforms this year. I think even right now, the represent the state of Louisiana.

I thought just this way, being from what the state of Louisiana went through in 2005, that it would be a good choice. The Saints already where a Louisiana patch on their uniforms this year. I think even right now, the represent the state of Louisiana.

• 4 weeks later...

Even better news...it was announced the Saints-Cowboys game on Dec.10th will be moved to "prime-time" Sunday Night for NBC-TV!!!!

Both teams lead their divisions in the NFC with identical 7-4 W-L records.

First thinks first... this weekend the Cowboys face a struggling NY Giants team . The Saints faced an improved 49er team in the Dome.

Even better news...it was announced the Saints-Cowboys game on Dec.10th will be moved to "prime-time" Sunday Night for NBC-TV!!!!

Both teams lead their divisions in the NFC with identical 7-4 W-L records.

First thinks first... this weekend the Cowboys face a struggling NY Giants team . The Saints faced an improved 49er team in the Dome.

Archived