Mirabella Gone!

memphica

The Commercial Appeal is reporting this morning that Mirabella will not be built as planned. There was not enough intrest in the project to get it out of the ground. When will we realize that for all these "high" end homes/condos there must be some OFFICE/BUSINESS SPACE!!! This is a sad lose but i hope it means there will be more intrest in ONE BEALE...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Commercial Appeal is reporting this morning that Mirabella will not be built as planned. There was not enough intrest in the project to get it out of the ground. When will we realize that for all these "high" end homes/condos there must be some OFFICE/BUSINESS SPACE!!! This is a sad lose but i hope it means there will be more intrest in ONE BEALE...

In my discussions with David Shores, and as he stated - it will return. It just may take a few years but I know he is confident that it is a great product. And I agree.

Actually 1beale should help it as it should get the high end market rolling. Even though the target market, from a dollar standpoint, is similar, Mirabella, has a very different feel. It is only 60 units.

1Beale is starting to move. Spoke with Chance Carlisle earlier this week about it.

If you want to see the video of what Mirabella may eventually be:

http://www.2dimes.com/client_area/mirabell...rabella-2-1.wmv

Damn, the Mirabella was my favorite of all the downtown proposals. Sorry, but One Beale is just rather uninspiring to me personally. Generic Post-Modernist high-rise + Deconstructivist facade slapped on one side does not make a great building.

The failure of the project has brought to light the demographic question that's been on my mind lately..what exactly is the target market of this building? We have retirees, the few that can use something like this as a second home and thanks to the decline in office space, the comparatively small number of highly paid downtown executives.

Anyway, this seemed like a re-imagined, four-star version of the Gilmore (one of my favorite buildings in Memphis) and it's a shame to see it slip away. :(

Damn, the Mirabella was my favorite of all the downtown proposals. Sorry, but One Beale is just rather uninspiring to me personally. Generic Post-Modernist high-rise + Deconstructivist facade slapped on one side does not make a great building.

The failure of the project has brought to light the demographic question that's been on my mind lately..what exactly is the target market of this building? We have retirees, the few that can use something like this as a second home and thanks to the decline in office space, the comparatively small number of highly paid downtown executives.

Anyway, this seemed like a re-imagined, four-star version of the Gilmore (one of my favorite buildings in Memphis) and it's a shame to see it slip away. :(

In my discussions with David Shores, and as he stated - it will return. It just may take a few years but I know he is confident that it is a great product. And I agree.

Actually 1beale should help it as it should get the high end market rolling. Even though the target market, from a dollar standpoint, is similar, Mirabella, has a very different feel. It is only 60 units.

1Beale is starting to move. Spoke with Chance Carlisle earlier this week about it.

Archived