Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fla_tiger

New Orleans housing in the near future?

5 posts in this topic

A Las Vegas architect plans a factory in eastern New Orleans to crank out living units of 16 feet by 70 feet that can be quickly assembled and stacked into complexes as high as 12 stories above parking.

link to the story- http://www.nola.com/business/t-p/index.ssf....xml&coll=1

a look at other typical modular residential towers....

tropbay_small.jpgparadisebay_small.jpg7637i.jpg

7604i.jpg6923i.jpg6300i.jpg

5426i.jpg4310i.jpg473i.jpg

Because of its' inevitably smaller footprint, the future of New Orleans is to build higher.

I think it is a very viable option.

What are your feelings?

Those could pass for hotels. As people return to New Orleans, it makes sense to build as much housing as possible to accompany them. N.O. is changing everyday and its housing must match that.

A Las Vegas architect plans a factory in eastern New Orleans to crank out living units of 16 feet by 70 feet that can be quickly assembled and stacked into complexes as high as 12 stories above parking.

Because of its' inevitably smaller footprint, the future of New Orleans is to build higher.

I think it is a very viable option.

What are your feelings?

I think it's an awesome idea. I didn't think it was possible for New Orleans to become any more dense than it already is, but I believe if the city begins to go more vertical it will be AMAZINGLY dense.

Wow! I had never even thought about this type of development for the East. This is actually a terrific idea. :thumbsup:

It has a Miami, Fla./Gulf Coast kinda feel to it, without being a threat to any archetypical historic New Orleans district.