Do the Dems have a plan?

tamias6

Do the Dems have a plan?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do the dems have a plan to cure the Iraq War?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

The fact of the matter is that GW Bush attacked and conquered Iraq with our military might under false pretenses. They failed to listen to any of their generals including the former General Schwartzcroft, who said that if they do this, they will need upwards of 700,000 troops to contain the place. Instead they choose to listen to that crook from the Iraqi national congress who told them the Iraqi's would be throwing roses at the Americans feet. The rest is history as to who was right on that. I don't think many people will feel the recent conclusion of the money trial of Saddam Hussein was worth it.

We have had 130,000-150,000 troops on the ground there longer than we fought the European war in WWII. That should be testimate enough the current plan has been a complete disaster in planning and the every changing definition of "victory" is sign enough that Bush and the rubberstamp GOP is clueless on what to do about it. This is the last days of Vietnam repeated.

At least now the President will be held accountable for his failures and forced to come up with a plan that resolves the issue. 4 years of war in a two bit country is ridiculious and it needs to end now. The either need to decide to put the resources in there that will lead to a decisive victory, or pull out.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least now the President will be held accountable for his failures and forced to come up with a plan that resolves the issue. 4 years of war in a two bit country is ridiculious and it needs to end now. The either need to decide to put the resources in there that will lead to a decisive victory, or pull out.

What I find amusing is how quick the supporters of the Republicans have been to drop support for them. Rush Limbaugh yesterday made some scathing remarks on how the GOP has failed. And then today Pat Robertson said that Iraq was a mess. I wonder that these people would be saying if the election results had turned out differently.

What I find amusing is how quick the supporters of the Republicans have been to drop support for them. Rush Limbaugh yesterday made some scathing remarks on how the GOP has failed. And then today Pat Robertson said that Iraq was a mess. I wonder that these people would be saying if the election results had turned out differently.

Something is monumentally WRONG with some of the people in this country. Especially those that believe that Bush is doing a good job and still believes the rhetoric of the vast majority of the Republican Party. Iraq is another Vietnam and we need to pull out, and there is not contesting that whatsoever. Al Queda and Iran would not walk into the country and take it over. The place is a mess and it only up to Iraqis themselves who can straighten up and organize a functioning government in Iraq. If you are that stupid to buy such mindless rhetoric to think otherwise then you are part of the problem not the other way around.

I don't align myself totally with the Democrats because I am Independent, but this change is for the better. This country needs to sit down at the time and think about what has really gone on for the last 6 years and how to fix it. Some things in this country shouldn't be up for debate including abortion, gay marriage, or other social issues because what is done is done. It shouldn't be any of your concern what other people do with their lives if it isn't personally affecting you. We need to step back and realize that in fact by supporting such issues to control other people's lives you are making government bigger not smaller. It is just taking away one more personal freedom that we are suppose to possess as an American, and that is the right of privacy.

Thank You! There are more pressing issues like fixing our schools or making health care affordable to the uninsured. This "Moral" debate is nothing more than a distraction from real issues that need to be dealt with. Let's hope the Dems realized the same.

Something is monumentally WRONG with some of the people in this country. Especially those that believe that Bush is doing a good job and still believes the rhetoric of the vast majority of the Republican Party. Iraq is another Vietnam and we need to pull out, and there is not contesting that whatsoever. Al Queda and Iran would not walk into the country and take it over. The place is a mess and it only up to Iraqis themselves who can straighten up and organize a functioning government in Iraq. If you are that stupid to buy such mindless rhetoric to think otherwise then you are part of the problem not the other way around.

I don't align myself totally with the Democrats because I am Independent, but this change is for the better. This country needs to sit down at the time and think about what has really gone on for the last 6 years and how to fix it. Some things in this country shouldn't be up for debate including abortion, gay marriage, or other social issues because what is done is done. It shouldn't be any of your concern what other people do with their lives if it isn't personally affecting you. We need to step back and realize that in fact by supporting such issues to control other people's lives you are making government bigger not smaller. It is just taking away one more personal freedom that we are suppose to possess as an American, and that is the right of privacy.

Archived