Jenks Address with Bixby Schools?

MarlaInTulsa

Hi - We moved to Lexington, SC in July of 2005 & now we want to move back because we desperately miss our family & friends! So now we are looking at moving to Jenks this summer & I really like some neighborhoods but we can't understand why they are in Bixby schools if they have Jenks addresses. Why doesn't Jenks build more schools? Why would a city funnel off it's schools to a neighboring town? This just doesn't make sense. Any opinions or imput?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi - We moved to Lexington, SC in July of 2005 & now we want to move back because we desperately miss our family & friends! So now we are looking at moving to Jenks this summer & I really like some neighborhoods but we can't understand why they are in Bixby schools if they have Jenks addresses. Why doesn't Jenks build more schools? Why would a city funnel off it's schools to a neighboring town? This just doesn't make sense. Any opinions or imput?

School districts have nothing to do with cities in Oklahoma. Most of the Jenks school district is actually in the city of Tulsa. Districts are just usually named after the city they are based in. Union Schools would be an example of a big district without any town at all. Half the district is in far southeast Tulsa and the other half is western Broken Arrow.

I live in Jenks, and if you want to be in Jenks with Jenks schools then here is how the district falls. All of Jenks north of 121st St is Jenks Schools; all of Jenks south of 131st St is Bixby schools. The area between 121st and 131st varies block by block. There are plenty of new subdivisions in Jenks in both districts; you can find what you want. Most people do want to be in Jenks schools, even inside of the city of Jenks, houses are more expensive in the Jenks district than in the Bixby district for just that reason.

Anyway, Bixby Public Schools is a good district, it

How interesting. I had no idea that the school districts were set up that way - and I lived in Tulsa for the better part of my life! Do you think that expansion is in the cards for Jenks? Or do you think they will continue to funnel to Bixby? We really like a neighborhood called Wakefield Glenn, but it is in Bixby schools. I guess I am going to have to weigh the pros and cons.

Archived