Rapid Closing Times

So I was thinking to myself, why do I use my living in Wayland as an excuse not to go downtown via mass transit when I could easilly park at Meijer on 54th and then take the bus the rest of the way? So I checked out the schedules, and disappointingly, they all seem to finish up around 11PM. Why don't they run a couple hours longer? What with all the clubs still being open when the busses end, it just doesn't quite seem right.

In fact at my last party I walked with somebody to their house (from Leonard to Hall, and then back to my car again. Holy crap I could not move the next morning, but it was fun.) because the busses had stopped running by then (a little after 1AM.)

I've decided to start doing parties on Saturday nights, but the busses seem to shut down even earlier on Saturdays! I might be losing some business by switching to saturdays because people won't even be able to take the bus TO my party.

But the part I'm really thinking about here is, parking is a PAIN late at night on weeknights. That's usually when I park a mile away from my destination, and the busses all seem to stop running around that time. Wouldn't it be a good idea to maybe extend the hours of operation at least a couple more hours?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was thinking to myself, why do I use my living in Wayland as an excuse not to go downtown via mass transit when I could easilly park at Meijer on 54th and then take the bus the rest of the way? So I checked out the schedules, and disappointingly, they all seem to finish up around 11PM. Why don't they run a couple hours longer? What with all the clubs still being open when the busses end, it just doesn't quite seem right.

In fact at my last party I walked with somebody to their house (from Leonard to Hall, and then back to my car again. Holy crap I could not move the next morning, but it was fun.) because the busses had stopped running by then (a little after 1AM.)

I've decided to start doing parties on Saturday nights, but the busses seem to shut down even earlier on Saturdays! I might be losing some business by switching to saturdays because people won't even be able to take the bus TO my party.

But the part I'm really thinking about here is, parking is a PAIN late at night on weeknights. That's usually when I park a mile away from my destination, and the busses all seem to stop running around that time. Wouldn't it be a good idea to maybe extend the hours of operation at least a couple more hours?

Archived