Rogers Mounties (10-0)

Any thoughts on the dream season by Rogers so far. I was at the game tonight, and Rogers capped a perfect regular season for the first time in God knows how long against cross-county rival Bentonville. The game was a thriller with Rogers coming out on top 41-35 in double OT to cap a perfect season.

If you live in Rogers I encourage you all to come out and support this team in the playoffs as they have home field advantage throughout. This is a very good high school football team who has a very good chance at winning the state championship. I know for sure that I will be out there supporting my Alma Mater.

Also, ESPN has been at Gates Stadium and Rogers High School the past few days filming a segment for "Outside the Lines". The segment will discuss the the cross-county rival and the history associated with it as well as how Benton County is booming and what effect it will have on the high school football in the area (deleting hisotric rivals.....etc). The segment is expected to air later this month.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't go to the game but, I sure did listen to it on the radio. I started listening in on the 3rd Qtr. I was so anxious at the end of the 4th qtr. Bentonville completed what was it, I think 3 4th down plays. And they were all 4th and 5 or longer. But, you do have to give Bentonville some credit. They fought back from a 21-0 deficit. Yeah, I heard about ESPN coming to both the high schools. I just didn't know when it was going to air. I think everyone knows who Rogers' biggest threat is and it's LR Central. FS Southside and LR Central should be an interesting game. I want to see the outcome of that game for sure. Go Mounties!

I didn't go to the game but, I sure did listen to it on the radio. I started listening in on the 3rd Qtr. I was so anxious at the end of the 4th qtr. Bentonville completed what was it, I think 3 4th down plays. And they were all 4th and 5 or longer. But, you do have to give Bentonville some credit. They fought back from a 21-0 deficit. Yeah, I heard about ESPN coming to both the high schools. I just didn't know when it was going to air. I think everyone knows who Rogers' biggest threat is and it's LR Central. FS Southside and LR Central should be an interesting game. I want to see the outcome of that game for sure. Go Mounties!

Archived