Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rizzo

Wait until the Cows come home.

80 posts in this topic

I guess somebody has been moving a cow to different street corners around Downtown. Anyone have a picture or two? I'd really like to see this. The cow is reported to have "We're coming home Nov. 9" written on it. I'm thinking this is a clever introduction to a grand opening for an ice creme shop or some kind of retail outfit downtown. Anyone know more about this?

-- http://www.mlive.com/business/grpress/inde....xml&coll=6

I guess somebody has been moving a cow to different street corners around Downtown. Anyone have a picture or two? I'd really like to see this. The cow is reported to have "We're coming home Nov. 9" written on it. I'm thinking this is a clever introduction to a grand opening for an ice creme shop or some kind of retail outfit downtown. Anyone know more about this?

-- http://www.mlive.com/business/grpress/inde....xml&coll=6

Maybe its a typo and is supposed to read Nov. 7 :thumbsup:

The River Grand Project.

It will be built when the cows come home.......and pigs fly.

I hope this isn't some political ploy.

I'm trying to think of local companies with Cow as a mascot... :huh:

The River Grand Project.

It will be built when the cows come home.......and pigs fly.

They could have been a little more helpful and painted it purple... Can anyone explain to me why Meijer is operating a Coffee Shop/Purple Cow on Michigan St. just north of the convention center. Actually, is there even a Purple Cow operating at this location?

Where on Michigan? Did you see a Purple Cow sign in a storefront?

Seyferth, Spaulding and Tennison were listed in the GRPress as the creative cow creators. They also represent Meijer from time-to-time.

Hmmmm....

Perhaps, they might have plans for making a move DT? Not HQ wise, but perhaps a store?

maybe someone is building a new slaughterhouse at the press building :shades:

maybe someone is building a new slaughterhouse at the press building :shades:

A multilevel urban Meijer flag shiip store with a 30-40 story HQ tower built above all designed by the Rockwell Group would be a crown jewel to Meijer Inc. But I think a corporate HQ transplant is about 5 to 10 years away for Meijer. Also the Fred Meijer Building in Walker has alot of space behind it to expand into.

Perhaps, they might have plans for making a move DT? Not HQ wise, but perhaps a store?

A multilevel urban Meijer flag shiip store with a 30-40 story HQ tower built above all designed by the Rockwell Group would be a crown jewel to Meijer Inc. But I think a corporate HQ transplant is about 5 to 10 years away for Meijer. Also the Fred Meijer Building in Walker has alot of space behind it to expand into.

I hope this isn't some political ploy.

I'm trying to think of local companies with Cow as a mascot... :huh: Never mind it's probably some Cow racing event at the Van: http://www.cowrace.com/news.htm What a friggin let down, I thought it was a business opening up downtown.

Whatever it is, they sure are milking this for all it's worth....

I think that I saw that cow in front of a Krispy Kreame in Portage....

Whatever it is, they sure are milking this for all it's worth....

I'm guessing they rented the cow from some advertising agency. They had a cow just like that at the ice cream place just across the street from where I work. It was really creeping me out. I'm glad it lasted only a few days otherwise I'd have probably freaked out.

I'm guessing they rented the cow from some advertising agency. They had a cow just like that at the ice cream place just across the street from where I work. It was really creeping me out. I'm glad it lasted only a few days otherwise I'd have probably freaked out.

Hahaha, yeah that's the place. That roof would be fairly easy to get onto as well, wouldn't it? I think it only comes a few feet off the ground. It'll be quite a steep slope, though.

I hope its a move by a Meijer outfit... even if it is Purple Cow. It's still another move by Meijer. It looks as if it could be a continual interest in the area. Just look at the location and it makes perfect sense. I just don't know why an ice creme shop would need to hire a pretty high caliber PR group to drum up word.