Wait until the Cows come home.

Rizzo

I guess somebody has been moving a cow to different street corners around Downtown. Anyone have a picture or two? I'd really like to see this. The cow is reported to have "We're coming home Nov. 9" written on it. I'm thinking this is a clever introduction to a grand opening for an ice creme shop or some kind of retail outfit downtown. Anyone know more about this?

-- http://www.mlive.com/business/grpress/inde....xml&coll=6

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess somebody has been moving a cow to different street corners around Downtown. Anyone have a picture or two? I'd really like to see this. The cow is reported to have "We're coming home Nov. 9" written on it. I'm thinking this is a clever introduction to a grand opening for an ice creme shop or some kind of retail outfit downtown. Anyone know more about this?

-- http://www.mlive.com/business/grpress/inde....xml&coll=6

A multilevel urban Meijer flag shiip store with a 30-40 story HQ tower built above all designed by the Rockwell Group would be a crown jewel to Meijer Inc. But I think a corporate HQ transplant is about 5 to 10 years away for Meijer. Also the Fred Meijer Building in Walker has alot of space behind it to expand into.

Perhaps, they might have plans for making a move DT? Not HQ wise, but perhaps a store?

A multilevel urban Meijer flag shiip store with a 30-40 story HQ tower built above all designed by the Rockwell Group would be a crown jewel to Meijer Inc. But I think a corporate HQ transplant is about 5 to 10 years away for Meijer. Also the Fred Meijer Building in Walker has alot of space behind it to expand into.

I'm guessing they rented the cow from some advertising agency. They had a cow just like that at the ice cream place just across the street from where I work. It was really creeping me out. I'm glad it lasted only a few days otherwise I'd have probably freaked out.

I hope its a move by a Meijer outfit... even if it is Purple Cow. It's still another move by Meijer. It looks as if it could be a continual interest in the area. Just look at the location and it makes perfect sense. I just don't know why an ice creme shop would need to hire a pretty high caliber PR group to drum up word.

Archived